Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here shoot these arrows? I bought some to shoot out of a couple crossbows. I like the heavy weight of these arrows.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
good artows and a good price.
The fanfare for em has died off as people.chase the latest and supposedly greatest,but piledrivers are tuff,dependable and worth every dime.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just started crossbow hunting this year after years of shooting a compound and pile drivers were the first arrows I bought. They are "okay" at best if you compare it to say custom arrows. Out of my 6 pack of arrows, only 3 of them shot alike. If I was shooting just 1 of those "good arrows" from the bunch, I would get about 1-2" groups at 30 yards off a bog death grip tripod.

I went and bought spynal tapps from south shore which are custom arrows and with a field tip i was shooting 1/2" groups at 30 yards. It was a world of difference. Now that hunting season is around the corner, I'm only practicing with my fixed blade (magnus black hornet) and I'm still shooting almost just as accurate as my field tips. My piledrivers were not that consistent with a broadhead.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have refletched, turned my own brass inserts for more forward weight and spline matched them. Running at 492gr with 100gr tips. Accuracy is quite good after the above mods. Most of mine are 22" Surge cut to 20" but my Pile drivers seem to be identical. They can be tuned but out of the box there are better arrows. They will kill just fine.

·
217 Posts
I just started crossbow hunting this year after years of shooting a compound and pile drivers were the first arrows I bought. They are "okay" at best if you compare it to say custom arrows. Out of my 6 pack of arrows, only 3 of them shot alike. If I was shooting just 1 of those "good arrows" from the bunch, I would get about 1-2" groups at 30 yards off a bog death grip tripod.

I went and bought spynal tapps from south shore which are custom arrows and with a field tip i was shooting 1/2" groups at 30 yards. It was a world of difference. Now that hunting season is around the corner, I'm only practicing with my fixed blade (magnus black hornet) and I'm still shooting almost just as accurate as my field tips. My piledrivers were not that consistent with a broadhead.
I had the same results with them. The flight was not good when using a fixed blade broadhead. If I remember correctly the foc was not good with them and they had a weak spine compared to my other crossbow arrows.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts