Crossbow Nation banner

101 - 104 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Awesome! I use grim reaper 100’s thru my Ravin, and get great accuracy as well. Recently went to 200 grain single bevels, and they actually are within an inch or so of the 200 grain field tips at 30 yrds. Just dont need that fire power for turkey-Thanks Again for your feedback!
Steve

·
Registered
190 Posts
So....... I bought the darn thing! Sighted in at 30 yards(dead on), its about 2” high at 20-using the pile drivers it came with, 100grain grim reaper practice tip. Same hole accuracy so far-its a decent little bow. Should be great for turkey, my tag is at the end of the month! Seems well built, no major down force on rail, with string cocked or uncocked, I’m kinda liking a recurve crossbow! Thanks for all the responses, helped me alot! Would be a good bow for my son-now if i could just pry him away from the computer!
Steve

·
Registered
190 Posts
Started shooting it, seems very reliable. Found some interesting characteristics-you need to put shoulder pressure into stock for accuracy, weighed, my arrow tip combo is 458 grains, foc is a measly 9%, speed thru chrono is consistently 281fps. A 400 grain combo, with a “good” arrow/foc will give me close to 300fps. I found accuracy with my Ravin more similar to shooting a rifle, this recurve is different. I believe it has to do with initial energy transfer, and speed, either way, i have to concentrate on different things with the different bows. Have it dialed in at 30 yards dead on, with 2nd notch in scope. 1st notch is 2” high at 20 yards. Havent tried 40 yet, will wait for different arrows. But, i think a Tom will succumb at end of month with this little bow! More updates to come!
Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Guys, this thing is accurate! Never been a huge fan of Piledrivers, but damn, this thing shoots ‘em awesome- never got on a Tom, but i have 300-350 shots on this bow, and its dead on. No serving wear, very little where cocking rope rides. At 281fps with 458 grn (weighed) arrows, if i drop to around 400, I’m thinkin’ right at the rated 305-about perfect for turkey! Its a steal at Dunhams for 199$
Steve

101 - 104 of 102 Posts