Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got done doing some shooting thru my new Caldwell chrono with my recently de-tuned Swat XP and wanted to share my findings.

KI cables at 14 1/8, string at 37 1/8
Hyper Swat Xp at 401 grain- 409 fps
Bloodsport Witness at 447.5 grain- 394fps
Spynal Tapps at 463 grains- 386 fps

Martymig cables at 14 3/16, string at 37 3/8
Hyper Swat XP- 403 fps
Bloodsport Witness- 387 fps
Spynal Tapps- 380 fps.

ATA went from 14 1/8 to a hair under 14 1/4.

Expecting the fps to drop some on Martys strings and cables after some shots get on them. There were around 200 shots on the factory ones I took off. Factory cables were showing no wear just wanted to detune it some and try some of Martys beauties out!

Thanks go out to SEW for the recommendations for cable and string length and Marty for making them.

Bow is quieter and seems a lot less stressed which was my goal. (y):)

Also chronoed my buddies new XP and it was shooting 420 with the Hyper Swat XP arrows.

·
3,413 Posts
Thanks for the info. I thought about getting an XP and doing this instead of getting an X1. Save some money. I guess even with the reduced speed and stress, you would still need to use the arc nock. :( Still going to hold out and hope the X1 is what we hope it is. If so, I’ll spend the extra dough.;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the info. I thought about getting an XP and doing this instead of getting an X1. Save some money. I guess even with the reduced speed and stress, you would still need to use the arc nock. :( Still going to hold out and hope the X1 is what we hope it is. If so, I’ll spend the extra dough.;)
Yeah I was having the same kindof thoughts today shooting my XP. What the heck do I need an X1 for? This bow seems so perfect now. Then I remembered the nocks and the cams and how small it is! 🤔 😄

·
Registered
143 Posts
For sure Joel! Did you get a chance to shoot the new scope today or are you still waiting on rings... :rolleyes:
I should have taken a picture. I went to Walmart before i ordered and it’s a shame!! No ammo, they had a million 1” rings and one set of 30mm high. They’re gun case is all but empty. I counted 4 rifles. Being the only sporting goods store within 65 miles you would think they’d take advantage of that. Friggin sad

·
Registered
247 Posts
So I just got done doing some shooting thru my new Caldwell chrono with my recently de-tuned Swat XP and wanted to share my findings.

KI cables at 14 1/8, string at 37 1/8
Hyper Swat Xp at 401 grain- 409 fps
Bloodsport Witness at 447.5 grain- 394fps
Spynal Tapps at 463 grains- 386 fps

Martymig cables at 14 3/16, string at 37 3/8
Hyper Swat XP- 403 fps
Bloodsport Witness- 387 fps
Spynal Tapps- 380 fps.

ATA went from 14 1/8 to a hair under 14 1/4.

Expecting the fps to drop some on Martys strings and cables after some shots get on them. There were around 200 shots on the factory ones I took off. Factory cables were showing no wear just wanted to detune it some and try some of Martys beauties out!

Thanks go out to SEW for the recommendations for cable and string length and Marty for making them.

Bow is quieter and seems a lot less stressed which was my goal. (y):)

Also chronoed my buddies new XP and it was shooting 420 with the Hyper Swat XP arrows.
I was totally expecting something else one eye. lol I was looking for some bandages in my medicine chest.!

·
5,146 Posts
Don K came up with the S&C lengths. I just shared them.

When my XP was detuned to 375/400, it felt like a different crossbow. Though I liked the crisp, high performance feel of the original; I slso like the gentle, relaxed feeling of the detuned state.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don K came up with the S&C lengths. I just shared them.

When my XP was detuned to 375/400, it felt like a different crossbow. Though I liked the crisp, high performance feel of the original; I slso like the gentle, relaxed feeling of the detuned state.
That's right I remember you telling me that. Thanks Boo!!

I like the recommendation you made for the length to use. Not a whole lot of drop off in performance but just feels less stressed. Gives me a peace of mind.

Thanks to all the experts on CBN that have made this possible having knowingly helped me or unknowingly. This board is truly a remarkable place with all the knowledge and resources.

I have truly become addicted to crossbows since coming here,,,,much to my wifes chagrin!;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I got the exact same vanes!! Sorry! I was distracted and think'n of Bigspur's I think!!!! Yikeszz!!! His would be the Swatty with the polish!!! lol
Swatty is looking a little more feminine since his castration. Pink vanes and the red bumpers on either side of the barrel kinda look like 💋 now that I think about it. 🤔 Maybe Swatty is becoming a SwaTina! 🤣
20210208_175354.jpg

·
Registered
409 Posts
Swatty is looking a little more feminine since his castration. Pink vanes,,,, the red bumpers on either side of the barrel kinda look like 💋 now that I think about it. 🤔 Maybe Swatty is becoming a SwaTina! 🤣
View attachment 192253
I ordered red nylon filament today for your cheek riser. That bow is going to be cool looking when you are done!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts