Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
So I just got done doing some shooting thru my new Caldwell chrono with my recently de-tuned Swat XP and wanted to share my findings.

KI cables at 14 1/8, string at 37 1/8
Hyper Swat Xp at 401 grain- 409 fps
Bloodsport Witness at 447.5 grain- 394fps
Spynal Tapps at 463 grains- 386 fps

Martymig cables at 14 3/16, string at 37 3/8
Hyper Swat XP- 403 fps
Bloodsport Witness- 387 fps
Spynal Tapps- 380 fps.

ATA went from 14 1/8 to a hair under 14 1/4.

Expecting the fps to drop some on Martys strings and cables after some shots get on them. There were around 200 shots on the factory ones I took off. Factory cables were showing no wear just wanted to detune it some and try some of Martys beauties out!

Thanks go out to SEW for the recommendations for cable and string length and Marty for making them.

Bow is quieter and seems a lot less stressed which was my goal. (y):)

Also chronoed my buddies new XP and it was shooting 420 with the Hyper Swat XP arrows.
I'm always around here somewhere ! Just send me a PM and I'll get back to you by the next day at the latest !
By the way, how are those Bloodsport arrows working compared to the Spinal Tapps ?

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
I'm always around here somewhere ! Just send me a PM and I'll get back to you by the next day at the latest !
By the way, how are those Bloodsport arrows working compared to the Spinal Tapps ?
The bloodsports were actually great hunting arrows. Very accurate to 50 or 60 yards. Shot them out to 80 with still decent consistency. I didn't measure but I'll say about 2 inch grouping. Killed 3 deer with them. Farthest was 60 yards.
The Tapps were a more recent purchase I bought from a member. With all the snow I haven't been able to get out and try them out yet. Only chrono them. 鈽 Can't wait for winter to be over!!

Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
The bloodsports were actually great hunting arrows. Very accurate to 50 or 60 yards. Shot them out to 80 with still decent consistency. I didn't measure but I'll say about 2 inch grouping. Killed 3 deer with them. Farthest was 60 yards.
The Tapps were a more recent purchase I bought from a member. With all the snow I haven't been able to get out and try them out yet. Only chrono them. 鈽 Can't wait for winter to be over!!
Thank you for the information.

Registered
Great information! I read the Amazon review for Bloodsport Witness Crossbow Bolt. They got either 3" or 4" vanes. What is yours?

I want to be able to shoot farther and accurate as I can so I will be more comfortable shooting accurately at a reasonable distance during the hunting season. I would like to know about other brand names such as Spynal Tapps or/and others.

Also, I watched SEW's video and he shot 80 yards very accurately! I would like to know what he shoots the name and weight of the bolt.

Thank you all!

Registered
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Great information! I read the Amazon review for Bloodsport Witness Crossbow Bolt. They got either 3" or 4" vanes. What is yours?

I want to be able to shoot farther and accurate as I can so I will be more comfortable shooting accurately at a reasonable distance during the hunting season. I would like to know about other brand names such as Spynal Tapps or/and others.

Also, I watched SEW's video and he shot 80 yards very accurately! I would like to know what he shoots the name and weight of the bolt.

Thank you all!
Thanks DF! The vanes on my bloodsports are 3.75 inches.

Spynal Tapps are custom arrows made by South Shore archery using .001 black eagle zombie slayer shafts. They are weight and spine matched and spine indexed. Very stiff shaft. Very accurate. Best of the best from everything I have read here. I have some but haven't been able to shoot them yet because we have been covered in snow for 3 months 馃槫. I believe this is what SEW would have been shooting in the video you watched.

For the X1 I have already ordered some stuff and have decided to try factory .001 Black Eagle Executioners for it first. Not as stiff of a shaft as the zombie slayer but still a great arrow. This bow is going to be set up strictly for hunting with a rangefinding scope I hope. I have a feeling that it will be shooting quarters at 60 yards with the BEE'S so that is plenty accurate for me for hunting. We will see.

The XP with the tapps will be the target/ long range shooting bow.

Lots of threads with a lot smarter people than me talking arrows on here you should check out. Lots of great info!

Registered
Thanks DF! The vanes on my bloodsports are 3.75 inches.

Spynal Tapps are custom arrows made by South Shore archery using .001 black eagles zombie slayer shafts. They are weight and spine matched and spine indexed. Very stiff shaft. Very accurate. Best of the best from everything I have read hear. I have some but haven't been able to shoot them yet because we have been covered in snow for 3 months 馃槫. I believe this is what SEW would have been shooting in the video you watched.

For the X1 I have already begun ordering some stuff and have decided to try factory .001 Black Eagle Executioners out of it first. Not as stiff of a shaft as the zombie slayer but still a great arrow. This bow is going to be set up strictly for hunting with a rangefinding scope I hope. I have a feeling that it will be shooting quarters at 60 yards with the BEE'S so that is plenty accurate for me for hunting. We will see.

The XP with the tapps will be the target/ long range shooting bow.

Lots of threads with a lot smarter people than me talking arrows on here you should check out. Lots of great info!
Thank you! I ordered X1 and want to prepare for hunting season. I will keep my eye open! Thanks again!

I am surprised the Swat XP did not get you there. Are you holding back on us? :confused:
To be honest, my X25 should have come out 4 years ago and I would have a house with 4 bathrooms! 馃榿
But, when you license your patents, it still did not give you the right to tell the licensing company what direction they have to take.
That being said, they are close with the X1 and it will be a true winner and all will be thrilled.
A 1-1/2 bathroom house will be OK too as we are only a "Two Butt" family.

Registered
To be honest, my X25 should have come out 4 years ago and I would have a house with 4 bathrooms! 馃榿
But, when you license your patents, it still did not give you the right to tell the licensing company what direction they have to take.
That being said, they are close with the X1 and it will be a true winner and all will be thrilled.
A 1-1/2 bathroom house will be OK too as we are only a "Two Butt" family.
I'm looking forward to the X1...

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Yeah, I can't wait for the X1 to come out either. I need 2 bathrooms. 馃榿
I'll keep hyping it for ya! By the time the dust settles you will be getting one of those fancy walk in rain forest type showers and a French toilet. Woo hoo! When you are having it built think of my donation to it.,,,,,"If it wasn't for old one eye I wouldn't have this here nut to hold down the toilet!" Imagine the consequences of not having that one nut. 馃ぃ

I'll keep hyping it for ya! By the time the dust settles you will be getting one of those fancy walk in rain forest type showers and a French toilet. Woo hoo! When you are having it built think of my donation to it.,,,,,"If it wasn't for old one eye I wouldn't have this here nut to hold down the toilet!" Imagine the consequences of not having that one nut. 馃ぃ
Thanks. I will think of your donation every time I take a crap. 馃槅

21 - 40 of 95 Posts