Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
2,288 Posts
I'll be contributing to your new bathrooms when the x1 comes out. Just need to figure out how to get one in to Canada!!!
They ship easily across the fence, man! I even checked with the head Dude in charge of all that stuff, and he gave it the OK when I bought an org Swat from Michigan. Even the scopes are fine!!! The only rule was that they aren't meant for dicharging with one hand.

·
5,152 Posts
When I get arrows for the X1, they will be 20” Spynal Tapps, 110g DT insert, 2.5 Vanetecis offset, flat plastic nocks. I’ll plan on shooting 100g TruGlo expandibles. If I use Lumenocks, I still stay with the same TruGlos.

I am making a set of 20” XX75 2216s with 300SKs in slight offset, 26g inserts for nocks, insert weight not determined yet. I LIKE AL arrows.

·
Registered
409 Posts

I took my detuned XP out and shot 3D this afternoon. I was using a set of strings and cables Don made. The XP, string set, and Jerry’s Tapps player extremely well together. I am really looking forward to shooting with the XP and X-1 this year! I have been bogged down lately and have not been able to shoot any 3D, it sure felt great to get out and shoot!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
When I get arrows for the X1, they will be 20” Spynal Tapps, 110g DT insert, 2.5 Vanetecis offset, flat plastic nocks. I’ll plan on shooting 100g TruGlo expandibles. If I use Lumenocks, I still stay with the same TruGlos.

I am making a set of 20” XX75 2216s with 300SKs in slight offset, 26g inserts for nocks, insert weight not determined yet. I LIKE AL arrows.
Hey Steve! So a question on the lighted nocks,,, Lumenoks are what you would go with? The only other nocks I have ever shot from a crossbow are the ones that came with victory decimators (not sure what they were but looked a lot like nocturnals). I shot these out of my Barnett Whitetail hunter 2 and KI Rush 380 with no issues. I have a bunch of them. The Furious Pro 9.5 blew these to pieces. I was leary about using them in the X1 but was going to try them since the X1 is supposed to launch so smooth. The knockout contender nocks held up great in my buddies 9.5 but they turn on if the wind blows, very annoying. The only lighted nocks I ever used in my verticle bows were nocturnals.
Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
16 Posts

Steve, I want to say "Thank you for your knowledge!". I learned a lot from you and others. Your comment as above "Flat Nock" makes me question you. I read somewhere that flat nocks tend to be more accurate than a half-moon. Is that right? Also, I would like to know what you are using the arrow in your video that you shoot 80yards very accurate. Mind if you sharing the specs on that arrow? I ordered X1 xbow and want to have enough arrows for fall hunting season. I am sure that XP arrows might not fit well with X1. Should I order KI arrows just for this year and prepare for different (custom) arrows for next year? Many many thanks!

·
5,152 Posts
Hey Steve! So a question on the lighted nocks,,, Lumenoks are what you would go with? The only other nocks I have ever shot from a crossbow are the ones that came with victory decimators (not sure what they were but looked a lot like nocturnals). I shot these out of my Barnett Whitetail hunter 2 and KI Rush 380 with no issues. I have a bunch of them. The Furious Pro 9.5 blew these to pieces. I was leary about using them in the X1 but was going to try them since the X1 is supposed to launch so smooth. The knockout contender nocks held up great in my buddies 9.5 but they turn on if the wind blows, very annoying. The only lighted nocks I ever used in my verticle bows were nocturnals.
Thanks!
Jim
Jim,
It’s difficult to find anyone who has used lighted nocks but knows less about them than me. Back when I was shooting my M380 and 405s, I used some Lumenocks. And then on the SWAT. They worked great and were comparatively inexpensive. I expect there are better lighted nocks. However, I never felt the need to go farther.
I strongly believe launch acceleration, not ARROW speed , is what can prematurely open front opening expandibles; and I expect , is what stresses nocks the most. So, if the Lumenocks can handle the M405s’ launch acceleration, they can easily handle the X1.
Just my thoughts - right or wrong.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Just my little experience so far with lighted knocks,,,the Glorynocks seem great with my Original Swat! And they weigh almost the same as my AL knocks. The lightest I think out there now. Really easy to turn off also. They come in a flat also, so I gently rounded off the shoulders with sand paper.

·
5,152 Posts
Steve, I want to say "Thank you for your knowledge!". I learned a lot from you and others. Your comment as above "Flat Nock" makes me question you. I read somewhere that flat nocks tend to be more accurate than a half-moon. Is that right? Also, I would like to know what you are using the arrow in your video that you shoot 80yards very accurate. Mind if you sharing the specs on that arrow? I ordered X1 xbow and want to have enough arrows for fall hunting season. I am sure that XP arrows might not fit well with X1. Should I order KI arrows just for this year and prepare for different (custom) arrows for next year? Many many thanks!
Brian Miller (bmiller, Roy M (Vaguru), Don K (Boo), Jerry R, others might be better to ask about accuracy. However, concerning bullet accuracy, the base of the bullet is very important. A flat nock is more uniform than any other design. I’ll always use flatnocks when possible.
The arrow I shot in that video: 22” Spynal Tapp, either ST280 or 315 Vanetec in 1-2 degree offset,92g insert, 100g match FP (I think I actually used a 100g TruGlo). A slightly better design, imo, is: 22” Spynal Tapp, offset 2.5 Vanatec, 110g double tapp insert, 100g TruGlo expandible. For X1: same but 20” and flat plastic nock.
The XP will easily keep 1” groups @ 80 yards with either the 92 or 110 g inserts.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Just my little experience so far with lighted knocks,,,the Glorynocks seem great with my Original Swat! And they weigh almost the same as my AL knocks. The lightest I think out there now. Really easy to turn off also. They come in a flat also, so I gently rounded off the shoulders with sand paper.
Thanks Nolan! I have been looking at the Glorynocks and was wondering about them. Couldn't find any reviews on Amazon but I will google them and see what I can find there. They look good. Might be getting them.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Thanks Nolan! I have been looking at the Glorynocks and was wondering about them. Couldn't find any reviews on Amazon but I will google them and see what I can find there. They look good. Might be getting them.
I think you'll be grin'n with 'em, Buddy!! I had Jerry send them with my Tapps.

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
View attachment 192684 View attachment 192685
I took my detuned XP out and shot 3D this afternoon. I was using a set of strings and cables Don made. The XP, string set, and Jerry’s Tapps player extremely well together. I am really looking forward to shooting with the XP and X-1 this year! I have been bogged down lately and have not been able to shoot any 3D, it sure felt great to get out and shoot!
A nice 3D target lay out.
Thanks for sharing.
Take care.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I couldn't take it anymore and had to shoot Swatty and see how he performed since being castrated lol. I only shot at 20 yards in my driveway off a triggerstick. The weather is a balmy 20 and there is still a foot of snow so not shooting any farther than that today haha. I shot the factory arrows that came with the XP to see where they were hitting since I plan on using them for turkeys in May. After some slight scope adjustments it was shooting dead nuts. Even at only 20 yards it amazes me how accurate this bow is even with the factory arrows. Effortless same hole accuracy off a tripod. Crazy. Once the snow melts I willing get the optimizer dialed into 60 and hit the turkeys. After that switching to the Tapps for the rest of the year. It was great to get out and shoot again! X1 is getting ordered next week I think. The only thing better than one Swat is 2 Swats! 😊😊

41 - 60 of 95 Posts