Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

Registered
Probably a pretty small club now but will be growing a lot over the next few months I think!
I just wanted to get one on order while I had the money before I went and spent it on a used bow on the market place. 馃槅
I believe that the X1 will be very popular! I emailed Kendra at Killer Instinct about the scope specifications for my favorite Strelok Pro app. She mentioned

鈥淔or what it is worth, I think you are really going to like that Swat X1!! It鈥檚 a super sweet little bow! Nice, compact and light! By far one of my favorites to shoot! I take up any opportunity to steal the bow from the guys when they are doing quality control to shoot a few bolts through myself!鈥

I am sure that I am NOT only one who is pumped up! Now, you are in the pool! Yay!

Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
I had to get fully committed. All the Skorpyds and great deals have been tempting me to much. Had to keep telling myself "stay the course Jim stay the course..." 馃榿
Well,,,,,,,plus the Scorps look worse then the hind end on a jack azz!!!! Oooopss!! Did I say that outloud!?? Sooooo, sorry.....

Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
I was just pull'n........ya, you make 'em look better, Burks! But, ya gotta admit, that sweet little ladyfied Swat looks a smack, bunch better!!! Right!?? lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #76
Soooo.... for better or for worse and I hope I don't regret it,, I pulled the trigger and preordered the Halo Hyper X scope today for the X1. Signed up for bow hunters warehouse and got it for 419.33. Taking a chance but it was on sale and frankly I just am not a patient person when money is burning a hole in my pocket. Sold some stuff to get the X1 and the scope and said the hell with it. And....I dont have to worry about something coming up and taking my X1 stash now. Fishing and boating season is just around the corner! 馃槵

The X1 (Xena) set up to start out is going to look like this.... Halo Hyper X scope,,,,BEE's with Glory Nock lighted flat nocks,,,, truglo titanium x heads,,,, Apex quiver like I have on the XP,,, and a claw sling.

The X1 is going to be my primary hunting bow mostly because I can use lighted nocks and that scope should be the cats meow for deer and turkey hunting.

The XP will see some field action but will be mostly my target bow set up with the Hha Tetra Xb,,,Vortex 3-9x40 Crossfire 2 scope,,, and flinging Tapps. Goal is going to make the 100 yard bullseye shot before the X1 arrives. That should keep me occupied while waiting. 馃槈

So... what do you all think of the setup?
Probably that I am nuts....馃お..... shut up KTK no one asked you!....馃槅

Registered
Soooo.... for better or for worse and I hope I don't regret it,, I pulled the trigger and preordered the Halo Hyper X scope today for the X1. Signed up for bow hunters warehouse and got it for 419.33. Taking a chance but it was on sale and frankly I just am not a patient person when money is burning a hole in my pocket. Sold some stuff to get the X1 and the scope and said the hell with it. And....I dont have to worry about something coming up and taking my X1 stash now. Fishing and boating season is just around the corner! 馃槵

The X1 (Xena) set up to start out is going to look like this.... Halo Hyper X scope,,,,BEE's with Glory Nock lighted flat nocks,,,, truglo titanium x heads,,,, Apex quiver like I have on the XP,,, and a claw sling.

The X1 is going to be my primary hunting bow mostly because I can use lighted nocks and that scope should be the cats meow for deer and turkey hunting.

The XP will see some field action but will be mostly my target bow set up with the Hha Tetra Xb,,,Vortex 3-9x40 Crossfire 2 scope,,, and flinging Tapps. Goal is going to make the 100 yard bullseye shot before the X1 arrives. That should keep me occupied while waiting. 馃槈

So... what do you all think of the setup?
Probably that I am nuts....馃お..... shut up KTK no one asked you!....馃槅
Man your gonna have a sweet setup! I鈥檒l wait for reviews from comacazies like you on the digital scope setup. I really love the concept, but anything electronic gives me doubts in a hunting situation. i guess id have to get used to pushing the button 鈥漷o range the deer鈥 then pulling the trigger. Seems simple enough, but coming from a compound bow background where I used to walk off yardage from the base of the tree.......that gets me Leary. I can sit in the stand all day with a range finder and shoot landmarks. Things happen fast, I like my distances in my head when big boy pops out. Of course I鈥檓 usually in thick timber hunting highly pressured animals. I could deff see the benefit if big boy was easing his way toward me across a big field and I kept ranging the scope until I was comfortable. So I get it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
Man your gonna have a sweet setup! I鈥檒l wait for reviews from comacazies like you on the digital scope setup. I really love the concept, but anything electronic gives me doubts in a hunting situation. i guess id have to get used to pushing the button 鈥漷o range the deer鈥 then pulling the trigger. Seems simple enough, but coming from a compound bow background where I used to walk off yardage from the base of the tree.......that gets me Leary. I can sit in the stand all day with a range finder and shoot landmarks. Things happen fast, I like my distances in my head when big boy pops out. Of course I鈥檓 usually in thick timber hunting highly pressured animals. I could deff see the benefit if big boy was easing his way toward me across a big field and I kept ranging the scope until I was comfortable. So I get it.
Thanks Lettum! Yeah in my head it should be a killer set up if everything works like its intended. Figured I got a good enough deal on the scope that if I absolutely hate it I can sell it for not 2 much loss.
I always used to be able to judge distances really well on the fly in the woods. Would pace off distances in the field and be like..ok that queen anns lace is 20 yards and that pricker is 30 yards....lol. Then I got my first rangefinder and started ranging trees from the stand and using them as marks for where to shoot. Now for the most part if I cant get a definite range on it I am not shooting. Unless it is under 25 yards. Now with this scope I can just pull up hit the button and be good to go. I hope... we will see.
So another reason I went and got all this stuff and wanted to do it this week is because this week it has been one year since my accident. If it wasn't for that I wouldnt even be considering buying an X1 and most likely wouldn't even have the XP. My doctor wont let me shoot any guns that recoil anymore in fear of my retina detaching or more floaters becoming visible in my bad eye making my vision even more screwed up. (Sold some guns to fund the X1 project) Not fun having full vision in one eye and 30% or so in the other. Makes for lots of depth perception problems and double vision.
So anyway....blah blah blah...thats where I am at..pretty much stricktly a crossbow hunter now and looking for every advantage I can get in the woods to harvest deer quickly and humanly.
Gonna be a long spring!
Take care all!
Jim

Registered
Thanks Lettum! Yeah in my head it should be a killer set up if everything works like its intended. Figured I got a good enough deal on the scope that if I absolutely hate it I can sell it for not 2 much loss.
I always used to be able to judge distances really well on the fly in the woods. Would pace off distances in the field and be like..ok that queen anns lace is 20 yards and that pricker is 30 yards....lol. Then I got my first rangefinder and started ranging trees from the stand and using them as marks for where to shoot. Now for the most part if I cant get a definite range on it I am not shooting. Unless it is under 25 yards. Now with this scope I can just pull up hit the button and be good to go. I hope... we will see.
So another reason I went and got all this stuff and wanted to do it this week is because this week it has been one year since my accident. If it wasn't for that I wouldnt even be considering buying an X1 and most likely wouldn't even have the XP. My doctor wont let me shoot any guns that recoil anymore in fear of my retina detaching or more floaters becoming visible in my bad eye making my vision even more screwed up. (Sold some guns to fund the X1 project) Not fun having full vision in one eye and 30% or so in the other. Makes for lots of depth perception problems and double vision.
So anyway....blah blah blah...thats where I am at..pretty much stricktly a crossbow hunter now and looking for every advantage I can get in the woods to havest deer quickly and humanly.
Gonna be a long spring!
Take care all!
Jim
Didnt know about your impairment man, sorry about that. You make some good points about the scope, can鈥檛 wait to hear your honest assessment of it once you get everything and get it dialed in.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts