Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very sporadic. Home page comes up quickly but takes forever to open a thread. Other sites are working fine. Something is up.... or down I should say.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
No issues here.
Try rebooting your router and PC.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do. Seems fine on my IPhone.

·
Registered
13,224 Posts
Fine for me too.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was an issue with Chrome. Had to clear my cache, much better now. Thanks everyone.

·
8,873 Posts
The Excalibur forum … might have had corona. :p I think it's spreading to General Discussion and slowing us down too!😂

·
8,873 Posts
Fine for me also. Did you just do a Microsoft 10 update? That would explain a lot. LOL!
That's … the truth! My computer starts getting squirrelly doing weird crap that sorta sneaks up on me. You tolerate it like the old "boil the frog slowly" deal until it reaches critical mass and I go bonkers. It's ALWAYS that a Windows update is waiting to be downloaded. Download, reboot and all is well in Mudville again...lol

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fine for me also. Did you just do a Microsoft 10 update? That would explain a lot. LOL!
Yes, there was a Windows update a couple of days ago. The problem seems to be exclusive to Google Chrome though. Still running slow using Chrome, even after clearing my cache. Using another browser, everything seems fine.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
I got tired of slow and decided to try another route and bought a $179 Chromebook from wally world and I am impressed with the speed. It blows Windows away. While my old windows laptop is still booting up I am already on the forum on this one. Only thing I don't like is it does not accept full size SD cards, only micro SD cards. I did find an SD to Micro SD adapter though. :)

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've decided that the issue is Google Chrome. The whole site is painfully slow using Chrome. No idea why.

No issues at all using Edge on my PC or Safari on my iPhone.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
I've decided that the issue is Google Chrome. The whole site is painfully slow using Chrome. No idea why.

No issues at all using Edge on my PC or Safari on my iPhone.
Maybe try clearing your cache in Google chrome?

Reactions: THF

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe try clearing your cache in Google chrome?
I've already done that. Didn't help.

Working fine with Edge and Firefox. No biggie, I'll just use them.

Reactions: dynamo61
1 - 14 of 14 Posts