Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both crossbows ordered arrived yesterday, changed the triggers out to the cease fires I purchased as well, was a bit time consuming on the 1st one but got through it and believe all set

Couple quick questions - the safety doesn't seem to engage on either . so assuming this only engages when cocked - since have never owned or shot a crossbow going to be a few assumptions . Also purchase 6 lumenoks and then heard may not be able to use with cease fire ? is this correct

Once off work today will get some blue Loctite to lock the scope screws down, anything else should consider using on

Once scope leveled and locked down will take the 1st shot today - have a level for the frame ordered, adjustable rest ordered, strings ordered , slings ordered, Dont think much else left but sure will find some things

Using the spitfire crossbow heads , have a practice head from the compound will use to sight in and then compare to fp's

Any suggestions or advice for the first few shots

Thanks all

Registered
Excalibur Micro 355 Suppressor
Frank ... all Excalibur crossbows will only cock if the safety is off. That's just the way they make them.

The Lumenoks can be used in the Ceasefire, but it takes extra effort to seat them. Make sure they are FULLY seated before firing your bow. The last thing you want is a dry fire or a partial dry fire, it can damage your bow. One of the guys on the Excalibur forum says he has no problems with them, other than the last inch or so of the arrow is a tight fit.

I hope ya got your string from Boo!

Anytime you run into a question. Just post it here. With all the Excal guys on this site, someone will surely have the correct answer for your question.

Congrats on the new bows! I wish you success in your hunting adventures.(y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir and thank you for the quick response , helps ease my worrisome mind. And certainly have my order place with Boo said would be a few weeks but will at least have something to get feet wet in the meantime

Will start with the Rhino's and once become a little more familiar will switch to the lighted, thanks again and anxious to get rolling on the new chapter of hunting

Registered
Lordy Lordy Lordy. This brings to mind a ruined morning and allows me to admit I鈥檓 a dolt. It鈥檚 not like the Phoenix was new to me I guess my brain just was not functioning that a.m. I was cocking my bow before climbing up into my stand and I could not get it to engage. I stood there for about a half hour trying to get it done even resorting to a flashlight and a screwdriver and cursing loud enough to wake the dead B4 I realized I was a idiot and then took the bow off safe so it would cock.. Box of rocks

Premium Member
Probably goes without saying, but make at least the first shot close to your target 5-10 yards and correct and walk back from there. It might be on or it might be a foot off at ten feet.

Good luck on the sight in. Hopefully, it will be quick and painless.

Registered
Excalibur Micro 355 Suppressor
Once sighted correctly at 20 yards, then move to 40. At that time use the "speed ring" on your scope to adjust impact to hit the 40-yard target with the 40-yard mark in the scope. And don't sweat it if the speed ring indicator don't match the advertised speed of the bow. Rarely do they ever!! Once sighted at 40 using the speed ring. Your scope should be sighted for the demarcations in your glass. BUT ... shoot them to make sure!!(y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts