Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been shooting some CP's and I'm extremely pleased with them in comparison to other "custom" arrows I have used.
Out of the box they ALL weighed the same, 445 with the field tip. I had to make final adjustment -7 fps on my RMP.
I removed my RMP to install the Vortex CF2 to qualify the CP out to 100. Shooting out of a rest I was 2.5" worse case (most likely the Indian and not the Viper or CP)

I was skeptical of the fast twist on the vanes until I shot them 20-100. Yes, I know, they are not inexpensive but neither is customs. I have paid as much as 98.00 for six customs:eek:

It is impressive when these CP's hit my Spyder target. It's one heck of a wack. At 445 it's a bunch of energy when it hits the target. Can't wait to smack hell out of a Buck in the back that has been laughing at me for the last couple weeks.

Just be sure you pull each shot before the next or you might just trash 30.00 in arrows! They are that accurate;)
Aim small, Miss small
FD

·
Registered
130 Posts
Been shooting some CP's and I'm extremely pleased with them in comparison to other "custom" arrows I have used.
Out of the box they ALL weighed the same, 445 with the field tip. I had to make final adjustment -7 fps on my RMP.
I removed my RMP to install the Vortex CF2 to qualify the CP out to 100. Shooting out of a rest I was 2.5" worse case (most likely the Indian and not the Viper or CP)

I was skeptical of the fast twist on the vanes until I shot them 20-100. Yes, I know, they are not inexpensive but neither is customs. I have paid as much as 98.00 for six customs:eek:

It is impressive when these CP's hit my Spyder target. It's one heck of a wack. At 445 it's a bunch of energy when it hits the target. Can't wait to smack hell out of a Buck in the back that has been laughing at me for the last couple weeks.

Just be sure you pull each shot before the next or you might just trash 30.00 in arrows! They are that accurate;)
Aim small, Miss small
FD
X2!
TenPoint Evo-X Centerpunch arrows have been extremely accurate out of my Viiper. I have fired over 600 shots using 18 different Centerpunch arrows. Every one was shooting into the same hole. Not only do I not risk shooting groups, I have to shoot at different locations on my target to avoid wearing out any single spot. It is nice to find a widely available factory arrow with custom arrow accuracy.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Come on now FD..... Your shooting a Viper now so put some manly 125s on those EVO-X arrows, add the lighted nocks and you might see 475 gn. ;)

I've been shooting these arrows for about a year with the 125s and I think my total weight is 472/473 gn. There's a whole lot of KE in that arrow! Great results on pigs from 160 to 250 lbs. I'm eager to use them on a whitetail and just need Mr. Big to cooperate.

·
Registered
511 Posts
"I've been shooting these arrows for about a year with the 125s and I think my total weight is 472/473 gn. There's a whole lot of KE in that arrow!" This is what I'll be shooting out of my Viper. I too am impressed with the Center punch arrows. I always shot the Spynal Tapps but I won't have any problems shooting the Evo's. I bought 6 more. GOOD LUCK GUYS!

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Hey TX,
Only problem with those 125's is they lift the deer up and slam em to the ground bruising the meat.;)
BTW, I have some 125's on order.....:p
Have a great day!
Good point (get it?)

Yep, the massive concussion and slamming going on could potentially damage a nice rack as well...... May have to rethink this - UH, no.... ;)

Reactions: Farm Deer

·
Registered
511 Posts
Have any of you guys dyno'd the center punch arrows with 125 grain tips. Curious for speed ring setting. THANKS ahead of time!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got notified my Viper is on its way from Wyvern! It's coming with the EVO X scope. I'm planning on running the centerpunch arrows with 125 gr up front as well. Any FPS readings you guys are getting to help give me a starting point would be awesome. Based on what I have been reading on here, my guess is that it would be around 360-365 FPS.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm shooting the factory scope. I set it on 360 and it's shooting fine out to 40 yds. Haven't shot it much due to time & heat. I have a Hawke scope but, I'm going to put that on my back up. Don't see much difference in quality and performance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts