Happy Member
5,775 Posts
Was thinking about that upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been looking at this crossbow for my first crossbow. It's hard for me not to justify spending more on something else if the trigger is bad enough people are paying another $100 or so to improve it. Am I wrong to think that? I figure I'd have almost $400 invested at that point and I could get a Wicked Ridge Rampage 360 for slightly more from Wyvern. But that's a slippery slope and I'll end up justifying something more expensive ha.

·
Registered
13,759 Posts
It's definitely something to consider. Ive read where Barnett makes a 370 with a TriggerTech trigger. SWEET!!!! It would cost less that the Sniper with the trigger improvement. About all I can tell ya is I own a Sniper and they are ROCK SOLID! Decisions....decisions!;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking at this crossbow for my first crossbow. It's hard for me not to justify spending more on something else if the trigger is bad enough people are paying another $100 or so to improve it. Am I wrong to think that? I figure I'd have almost $400 invested at that point and I could get a Wicked Ridge Rampage 360 for slightly more from Wyvern. But that's a slippery slope and I'll end up justifying something more expensive ha.
The Sniper is my first crossbow and i love it.Only thing was the trigger was long but not unmanageable. The trigger kit is $85.00 and made the trigger great!! As i understand it most crossbows in this price range lack something.The triger kit was an easy mod IF you have the skills to do it yourself. So i got the the bow for $250, $85 for the trigger kit and got a bow i think will do anything a much more expensive bow will do .

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Sniper is my first crossbow and i love it.Only thing was the trigger was long but not unmanageable. The trigger kit is $85.00 and made the trigger great!! As i understand it most crossbows in this price range lack something.The triger kit was an easy mod IF you have the skills to do it yourself. So i got the the bow for $250, $85 for the trigger kit and got a bow i think will do anything a much more expensive bow will do .
At least there is a fix for the trigger issues. Some people complain about the triggers on more expensive bows and there's not a solution. My issue is finding the 370 right now. Every place except eBay seems to be sold out, and they are either overpriced or sellers with very little feedback. Amazon had them for $300 sold through Sportsman's Guide, whom also has them in stock on their site. Sportsman's Guide seems to be the only reputable place that has them in stock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At least there is a fix for the trigger issues. Some people complain about the triggers on more expensive bows and there's not a solution. My issue is finding the 370 right now. Every place except eBay seems to be sold out, and they are either overpriced or sellers with very little feedback. Amazon had them for $300 sold through Sportsman's Guide, whom also has them in stock on their site. Sportsman's Guide seems to be the only reputable place that has them in stock.
I got mine from Bass Pro but that was about a month ago. Now its not on there site anymore .

·
Registered
Yes
7 Posts
Rich hooked me up recently as well; and with a fantastic turnaround even over the holidays. I am very happy with his trigger upgrade. Very smooth and light. Zero complaints. I picked my SniperElite up at Dunhams for $229; I saw they were as low as $199 Black Friday.

·
Registered
102 Posts
the trigger kit turned my sniper into an equal match for my buddy's $1500 outfit as far as group size. maybe someone else can shoot my buddy's rig better but i shoot my sniper as tight as he shoots his rig.
i still have the centerpoint 4 power scope. i know, the world is full of better scopes . but come on, 50 yrs ago, in the days of jack o'conner a 4x sat on top of most big game rifles. and i am shooting 50 yds at most.
the sniper and a trigger kit is all i will ever need.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I did my own trigger job. I'm certain it's not as good as this kit but it at least makes it livable. The scope is mechanically junk but not unexpected in this price range. Admittedly I'm a bit of an optics snob. Factory arrows also don't group nearly as well for me as quality aftermarket. Is it the best out there in the price range? I'm not sure but it has been a very solid performer for me and I believe this is my 4th season with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is the Amped 415 worth the little extra $$? Northwoods Outlet just got it back in stock for $300 with an extra illuminated scope. I've seen people with limb issues with them but some attributed it to the limb dampeners. So they took them off.

Edit: Well bought a 370 on eBay for around $250.

Edit: Seller says it's actually out of stock.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
I would say it is, yes. If you can drop the $250 buy and go to Northwood's for the Amped 415 for $300, it's $50 well spent. It's narrower, quieter, faster, has better butt stock and slightly lighter trigger break. I've not seen any posts with limb issues on the CP Amped 415. I don't read every post on every forum but I do watch the CBN and CBT General and CenterPoint sections. Now some of the KI made xbows have had limb issues.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i didn't read all of the posts well so i may have missed something.........the sniper with the trigger kit has a trigger pull like you may have to spend hundreds more on a xbow to find. i would think a $500 xbow could easily have a worse trigger pull. and then can you even get it up to the sniper's trigger kit quality?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would say it is, yes. If you can drop the $250 buy and go to Northwood's for the Amped 415 for $300, it's $50 well spent. It's narrower, quieter, faster, has better butt stock and slightly lighter trigger break. I've not seen any posts with limb issues on the CP Amped 415. I don't read every post on every forum but I do watch the CBN and CBT General and CenterPoint sections. Now some of the KI made xbows have had limb issues.
I saw the posts in a CenterPoint Facebook group. But I've definitely seen more problem with Killer Instinct bows. But now I'm going to have to get a refund issued for the 370 purchase. But I'll probably pick up the Amped 415. Went against my better judgement and bought from an eBay seller with little feedback.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts