Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I’ve been shooting compound bows for 30+ years. I had to step away because I had a heart attack and a quadruple bypass. I’ve been away from archery since 2017 and I am just now returning.

I bought a up a Centerpoint Amped 415 crossbow because of the lack of strength to pull back a compound.
I am now to the point of picking a arrow. I will be Deer hunting with it and shooting a 100 grain Rage expandable X Broadhead.

I shot Gold Tip arrows when I shot a compound bow and have a lot of confidence in them. I would like to stay with gold tip arrows if it makes sense. So what are y’all’s opinion on a barrel selection?
And thanks for y’all help.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I shoot Black Eagle Executioners and BloodSport Witness' out of my CP Patriot 415. The Amped and the Patriot are the same bow only with different camo.
Welcome to the boards. Take advantage of the search feature to find more info on the Amped, Patriot and Heat bows.

Reactions: ShaunR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Saved Wrench. I’ve started looking at others Arrow choices. I don’t seem to find many people using gold tip arrows.

·
2,879 Posts
Gold tips for your bow would probably be Ballistics, maybe Nitros depending on how much arrow weight you want. I also use Black Eagles, and would think either Executioners or Zombie Slayers would work for you. There are guys who seem happy with other brands, but I haven’t personally tried them so I won’t comment on them.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I found Wyverns dragon claw aka Black executioner work great, we went with the longer vane not the small blazer. 110 brass insert tipped with a 125 Slick trick magnum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size vanes are y’all using? I’ll be shooting a 100gr rage expandable.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I shoot 3 inch Silent Knights.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Bohning 2.5 heat vanes Refletched. 3 inch on new Bloodsports. $29.00 on amazon for 6,free delivery. Usually in 3 days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts