Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive got the cp400 myself an am looking to get silent cranking device out of stock every where available go figure
But love xbow but would like a decocking device that u dont have to shoot it to acheve it,less stress on limbs an string (get er done CP)

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Ive got the cp400 myself an am looking to get silent cranking device out of stock every where available go figure
But love xbow but would like a decocking device that u dont have to shoot it to acheve it,less stress on limbs an string (get er done CP)
I believe the Crank Assist can also be used for de-cocking.
At least it can on our Centerpoint 370.
I'm sure the principle of operation is the same on the CP400.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,139 Posts
I believe the Crank Assist can also be used for de-cocking.
At least it can on our Centerpoint 370.
I'm sure the principle of operation is the same on the CP400.
Does your CP370 cock with a sled? I didn't think it does, but I definitely wouldn't try decocking the CP400, even with a crank unless CP gives instructions on how to do it. IMO it would be unsafe on many levels.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
We're a creative bunch here and I want to comment on these ManKung built bows with respect to cocking and de-cocking. The crank system for the CP400 and the other Centerpoint bows is not designed to be used as a "decocking" system. Can it be? Sure it can with the use of the "cocking preparation switch". It allows you to pull the trigger and get the bow to fire without an arrow loaded, BUT that's not what that switch was intended to be used for. Secondly, any cocking device that does not have a design to protect the user from wild crank handle spins if they loose grip is risky. Add to that risk consideration, the Ravin front end on the CP400 has the heaviest draw of all the CenterPoint bows. A mistake while de-cocking could be damage to the bow (limbs, rail, string) and if your hand is in the way the result could send you to the emergency room. The same hold for the Ravin de-cocking and I know that there are thousands of folks that do it regularly.

I'm an old fart and my parts, pieces and systems are not what they once were so I offer this cautionary info. in that respect. Just want everyone to think with safety in mind and act carefully. We live once.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Does your CP370 cock with a sled? I didn't think it does, but I definitely wouldn't try decocking the CP400, even with a crank unless CP gives instructions on how to do it. IMO it would be unsafe on many levels.
We're a creative bunch here and I want to comment on these ManKung built bows with respect to cocking and de-cocking. The crank system for the CP400 and the other Centerpoint bows is not designed to be used as a "decocking" system. Can it be? Sure it can with the use of the "cocking preparation switch". It allows you to pull the trigger and get the bow to fire without an arrow loaded, BUT that's not what that switch was intended to be used for. Secondly, any cocking device that does not have a design to protect the user from wild crank handle spins if they loose grip is risky. Add to that risk consideration, the Ravin front end on the CP400 has the heaviest draw of all the CenterPoint bows. A mistake while de-cocking could be damage to the bow (limbs, rail, string) and if your hand is in the way the result could send you to the emergency room. The same hold for the Ravin de-cocking and I know that there are thousands of folks that do it regularly.

I'm an old fart and my parts, pieces and systems are not what they once were so I offer this cautionary info. in that respect. Just want everyone to think with safety in mind and act carefully. We live once.
View attachment 184385
Thanks Jack Pine and TX_RDXguy.
You are both soooooooo correct.

Better to err on the side of caution and use the tools provided as intended.
Does not take much to get injured so why risk it for the sake of discharging an arrow until a proven, safe de-cocking product is produced.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts