Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a Sniper since 2017, had Rich (TX_RDXguy) work his magic on the trigger in 2018. Really liked the Sniper and how it preformed. In the quest for more speed and a budget I purchased the Patriot, before even assembling it, I sent it to Rich to work his magic once again. Rich worked his magic and the trigger and arrow retainer is great. The trigger is in the 3-4lb range, has a short, crisp break no complaints with his work.
There is a couple of questions: The arrow noc is rubbing on the left rail a little over half way down until released by the string. Any ideas as to why this may be happening or how to fix it?
On my Sniper I had put on the hand crank, looks just like the one that came with the Patriot. In using the hand crank on the Sniper the sled came back straight and stayed centered on the rail. With the Patriot the sled is very slightly cocked, the right side is slightly ahead of the left side. I've waxed the cocking sting(rope?) but it remains the same. I thought this maybe the cause of the noc. When I center the sled the noc still rubs, extra lube on the rail to off set the rub.
Thanks for your time, and ideas.
Thanks Rich it works great, waiting for a little cooler weather to start hunting.

·
Registered
601 Posts
If the cocking device get mire string on one side it will cause it to pull unevenly.
unwind the cocker completely and the rewind it evenly on both sides.
I shimmed my Patriot‘s riser which cut down on the nock wear. Tom on the Run has a thread explaining how to shim a bow.

Reactions: Earl
1 - 2 of 2 Posts