Crossbow Nation banner

Centerpoint sniper 370 Crossbow Trigger issues

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tarus Baldeschi 
#1 ·
I have 2 Centerpoint sniper 370 Crossbows that I have been using for 2-3 years. about 6 months ago one of the triggers started "jamming" and not catching the string. now the second crossbow is doing the same thing. I am currently in contact with CP and trying to get both repaired or replaced under warranty but until then I am interested in trying to figure out a temporary solution
I can get them both to "un-jam" by sliding a knife up the rail while holding the Cocking preparation switch down (towards the limbs)
any suggestions?

#3 ·
I have 2 Centerpoint sniper 370 Crossbows that I have been using for 2-3 years. about 6 months ago one of the triggers started "jamming" and not catching the string. now the second crossbow is doing the same thing. I am currently in contact with CP and trying to get both repaired or replaced under warranty but until then I am interested in trying to figure out a temporary solution
I can get them both to "un-jam" by sliding a knife up the rail while holding the Cocking preparation switch down (towards the limbs)
any suggestions?
Those bows are still under warranty so you can contact them and see what they will do.

I've seen hundreds of Sniper triggers from new to very well used and in that experience the most common issue that causes these triggers to fail when latching is dirt and or OE rail lube buildup. Mechanically they are pretty simple and can handle hundreds of thousands of cycles without issue. If you care to try to work on them yourself and are handy in the shop, I can tell you how to remove the trigger and at that point you can inspect it closely and do any cleaning. Just let me know.

#4 ·
Those bows are still under warranty so you can contact them and see what they will do.

I've seen hundreds of Sniper triggers from new to very well used and in that experience the most common issue that causes these triggers to fail when latching is dirt and or OE rail lube buildup. Mechanically they are pretty simple and can handle hundreds of thousands of cycles without issue. If you care to try to work on them yourself and are handy in the shop, I can tell you how to remove the trigger and at that point you can inspect it closely and do any cleaning. Just let me know.
thanks for the advice... I will look into warranty before i take apart... I don't want to void the warranty if I can get a whole new mechanism

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.