Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this CenterPoint crossbow and I like it a lot. I see a lot of positive reviews on the forum for the crossbow as well so I know it is generally considered a good crossbow.

The issue I have been having with it right out of the box was I had to max out my "right" adjustment in my scope and I still could not get it zeroed. I realized that the trigger box/picatinny rail was cocked to the left as well as aimed to the left. It seemed like a manufacturing defect as the stock is injection molded and there are two screws under the stock that hold the trigger box in place. I contacted Crosman and they had me ship the crossbow stock back for a warranty repair. I was very adamant in my emails and notes that I felt it was a manufacturing problem and that since I was paying for shipping I wanted to be sure that the repair/replacement did not have the same issue. After a few weeks I finally got a shipping confirmation without further explanation of the repair work.

The paperwork that came with the warranty work simply said that it was replaced with a new stock. I was concerned about this from the beginning because I had a feeling that a direct swap would have the same issue. Well I got everything put back together and and it does appear to have the exact same issue. I fired a single bolt at 10 yards with my scope at a baseline setting and the arrow is hitting far right AGAIN. This will be impossible to zero.

Anyone else have similar experiences with Crosman or this particular crossbow? I have lost trust in the company due to the lack of attention to detail to my concerns both written in email form as well as attached to the stock when I sent it in. I was very clear what the issue was and I wanted it verified that it was solved before it was sent back to me. It seems like they opened the box, swapped stocks, and shipped it back out. Amazing that it took as long as it did.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
20200820_205411.jpg 20200820_205635.jpg 20200820_210107.jpg 20200821_075604.jpg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Swapping the stock is not the resolution as you know. The barrel/rail is what needed to be replaced or repaired. They need to make this right, especially with season coming up. The clock is ticking, Centerpoint has to make this right ASAP! Not acceptable.

Since they’ve already botched the repair and cost you a bunch of time, they need to hop on this and send you a new bow altogether. I went through this with Killer Instinct and they expedited me a new bow same day, and a shipping label to send my bow back to them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have the 380, thank GOD no issues.....It's now a back up as I have the 415 Patriot (Amped).....Centerpoint's Customer Service is very good. Get back on the horn with them, explain it to them in complete detail as if you're talking to a child. I wanted a a back up cocking rope for my 380, and I ordered it from them online, I got it, it was way to short....called them they sent the right one and told me to do what I like with the original ordered one

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
call them. They can help you a lot better than us keyboard cowboys.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
call them. They can help you a lot better than us keyboard cowboys.
Yeah I get it. I have reached out hoping for a reply soon. I posted here to see if others had similar issues that were successfully resolved. It was strange getting 2 different stocks with the same problem. Doesn't seem to be an isolated issue. Thank you for the reply though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the 380, thank GOD no issues.....It's now a back up as I have the 415 Patriot (Amped).....Centerpoint's Customer Service is very good. Get back on the horn with them, explain it to them in complete detail as if you're talking to a child. I wanted a a back up cocking rope for my 380, and I ordered it from them online, I got it, it was way to short....called them they sent the right one and told me to do what I like with the original ordered one
Their customer service is very responsive, I can definitely say that. But the warranty service tech seemed to disregard my concern that the bow would come back to me with the same or similar issue. That is my only concern here. I am glad you are having success with yours. That's the reason I posted here, to find out if anyone else had similar issues or not.

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Are you positive it is not a defective scope you are dealing with? I would try another just to make sure before sending it back again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you positive it is not a defective scope you are dealing with? I would try another just to make sure before sending it back again.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have done two things to rule out the scope. First and foremost this scope came off of another crossbow that was shooting bullet holes with little adjustment. Secondly, I really wanted to be sure it wasn't the scope with this crossbow so I purchased 2 arrow bore sight lasers. I laid one on the scope rail and one on the arrow rail. In the 10 yards across my living room the two lasers were a good 4-6 inches away from each other. I really did my due diligence with this crossbow to be sure it truly was an issue with the bow itself.

·
Registered
133 Posts
no ways it’s the scope. Look at the pics. Scope Rail is way off of the flight rail.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Send back and get names. Supervisor etc.. Document your calls. Great company to deal with. Let them know there is a chink in the armor

·
Registered
133 Posts
so any updates?
Spoke w the OP, they asked him to send it back to them. IMO that is BS! They should have sent him an upgraded or at least comparable bow for all this trouble. I went through this a long time again with Bear Archery and just last year with Killer Instinct.
also had some issues with Tenpoint that were resolved in an “above and beyond” fashion. Asking your customer to inconvenience himself AGAIN isn’t acceptable to me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
well don't discredit Centerpoint, they will fix it or very well offer a replacement of the same or upgrade

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so any updates?
The latest update was an email from their customer service after looking at the pics posted that stated, "that looks normal, you should have no problem zeroing that." Despite the photo of the first shot being taken at 10 yards with a baseline scope. I'm still in the process of working with them. Everyone says their customer service is too notch but short answers like that after my obvious concerns tell me otherwise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is the latest response from CenterPoint (Velocity). This response is after 30+ emails of me thoroughly detailing that the rail was both tilted to the left as well as twisted to the left. This email was also after they apparently looked at the defective bow and sent out the replacement. Somehow still not knowing what they were actually looking for. I find this response hard to believe. Why would a company set a bow up so it is easier to shoot for a certain group of people. Thoughts?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here is the latest response from CenterPoint (Velocity). This response is after 30+ emails of me thoroughly detailing that the rail was both tilted to the left as well as twisted to the left. This email was also after they apparently looked at the defective bow and sent out the replacement. Somehow still not knowing what they were actually looking for. I find this response hard to believe. Why would a company set a bow up so it is easier to shoot for a certain group of people. Thoughts? View attachment 183525
That is complete BS
I own a Centerpoint, this is not a bias opinion. This is very disappointing. What a joke.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
If by chance the offer a upgrade then opt for the 415 Amped
If they will do that, i would be cool with that. But i think he came on here for advise for this particular bow

1 - 20 of 22 Posts