Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this CenterPoint crossbow and I like it a lot. I see a lot of positive reviews on the forum for the crossbow as well so I know it is generally considered a good crossbow.

The issue I have been having with it right out of the box was I had to max out my "right" adjustment in my scope and I still could not get it zeroed. I realized that the trigger box/picatinny rail was cocked to the left as well as aimed to the left. It seemed like a manufacturing defect as the stock is injection molded and there are two screws under the stock that hold the trigger box in place. I contacted Crosman and they had me ship the crossbow stock back for a warranty repair. I was very adamant in my emails and notes that I felt it was a manufacturing problem and that since I was paying for shipping I wanted to be sure that the repair/replacement did not have the same issue. After a few weeks I finally got a shipping confirmation without further explanation of the repair work.

The paperwork that came with the warranty work simply said that it was replaced with a new stock. I was concerned about this from the beginning because I had a feeling that a direct swap would have the same issue. Well I got everything put back together and and it does appear to have the exact same issue. I fired a single bolt at 10 yards with my scope at a baseline setting and the arrow is hitting far right AGAIN. This will be impossible to zero.

Anyone else have similar experiences with Crosman or this particular crossbow? I have lost trust in the company due to the lack of attention to detail to my concerns both written in email form as well as attached to the stock when I sent it in. I was very clear what the issue was and I wanted it verified that it was solved before it was sent back to me. It seems like they opened the box, swapped stocks, and shipped it back out. Amazing that it took as long as it did.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
20200820_205411.jpg 20200820_205635.jpg 20200820_210107.jpg 20200821_075604.jpg

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
I would either want the whole bow replaced or a complete refund...

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Maybe it's something very simple. Did you look to see if there's a screw that's not threaded correctly or an irregularity in the base of the stock ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe it's something very simple. Did you look to see if there's a screw that's not threaded correctly or an irregularity in the base of the stock ?
I avoided taking it apart due to the warranty but I could take a look if it didn't void it.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Well, you already sent it back to them once and it's still doing the same thing. Maybe you just need to do a complete diagnostic on the whole area around the scope. Check to make sure everything is fitting tight and flush with every thing.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
I never thought about that... good point... it sounded like it was a scope problem but, it could be as simple as adjusting the timing..
I also wanted to mention to try a diferent scope but, it might not even be that...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts