Crossbow Nation banner

CenterPoint Trigger Updates - Sniper / Amped / Patriot / Heat / Mercenary / Dagger and CP400

17K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  TX_RDXguy 
#1 · (Edited)
It's the time of year that we all turn to our gear and look at getting ready for hunting season and I'm in that mode as well trying to do what I can before opening day arrives.

This great hunting hobby I enjoy took a twist in 2016 when a challenge to improve the Sniper trigger started. Myself and a few guys on the forums started looking into what can be done to fix the long heavy trigger pull. Fast forward a bit..... Out of that effort a fix was made that produces a reasonably short, much lighter breaking trigger yet a safe one. It's a simple update to the existing trigger box that works. I've since been building and supplying DIY kit's for Snipers, updating some xbows in house and doing in house updates to the Gen 2 trigger boxes that are used in the other xbows made by ManKung for CenterPoint, the Amped, Patriot, Heat, Mercenary, Dagger and CFP400. I consider this still a hobby and although I never expected the interest to be as high as it is, I'm rewarded every time I get an email from a happy hunter.

This time of the year I get emails daily regarding trigger work and inquiries about the kit availability. I'm more than happy to help with work in house, provide update kits when I can and I try to do it as quickly as possible to stay on track with everyone's schedule.

If you have one of these xbows and need info. on trigger work, feel free to reach out to me via the Forum or by email. I generally respond the same day if I can.

=========================================================================================================

Sniper owners have two options for the update:

Option 1: The Do It Yourself kit is $85 shipped to you Priority Mail and if you are handy with tools, this may be the perfect project. Please read the attached instructions to get an idea of what you will need to do. The video is also a helpful reference.

The DIY kit includes the following:

• "L" bracket.
  • Anchor bolt for the "L" bracket is stainless and VC3 coated (an adjustable reuseable thread locker).
  • Set screw with thread locker.
  • Sear spring in 10 lb. rate which produces a 3.5 lb trigger, down from almost 7 lbs.
  • Sear pin made from stainless, .590 length, which is key to the 1/8" pull length, down from 5/8".
  • A replacement cap head screw that's shorter (10mm vs 12mm).

I have a WORD document that I provide as the reference for the modification work required. It has the most current detail on the kit installation.

Below is a link to YouTube where a couple fellow Sniper shooters did a video of their trigger kit install.

Trigger Upgrade Video

Option 2: If you prefer that I do the trigger work you can send me your trigger or xbow and I'll do the install. That's an additional $20 plus return freight.

=========================================================================================================

Amped, Patriot, Heat, Mercenary, Dagger owners have Generation 2 trigger boxes and only one update option, which is in house work.

Please removed trigger box and send it to me.

CP400 owners need to send me your core xbow.

The update to the CP400 is a third process and the most involved so it is something I will do in-house. A "brush" style arrow retainer is also available for the CP400.

I generally ship the DIY Sniper kits on the same or the next business day when I’m not hunting ;) In house work takes 1-2 days.

Thanks to all of you that have and use the trigger update. It's a great change to these already pretty amazing xbows.

My email is: a914guy@aol.com

See less See more
#2 ·
It's the time of year that we all turn to our gear and look at getting ready for hunting season and I'm in that mode as well trying to do what I can before opening day arrives.

This great hunting hobby I enjoy took a twist in 2016 when a challenge to improve the Sniper trigger started. Myself and a few guys on the forums started looking into what can be done to fix the long heavy trigger pull. Fast forward a bit..... Out of that effort a fix was made that produces a reasonably short, much lighter breaking trigger yet a safe one. It's a simple update to the existing trigger box that works. I've since been building and supplying DIY kit's for Snipers, updating some xbows in house and doing in house updates to the Gen 2 trigger boxes that are used in the other xbows made by ManKung for CenterPoint, the Amped, Patriot, Heat, Mercenary, Dagger and CFP400. I consider this still a hobby and although I never expected the interest to be as high as it is, I'm rewarded every time I get an email from a happy hunter.

This time of the year I get emails daily regarding trigger work and inquiries about the kit availability. I'm more than happy to help with work in house, provide update kits when I can and I try to do it as quickly as possible to stay on track with everyone's schedule.

If you have one of these xbows and need info. on trigger work, feel free to reach out to me via the Forum or by email. I generally respond the same day if I can.

Sniper owners have two options for the update:

Option 1: The Do It Yourself kit is $85 shipped to you Priority Mail and if you are handy with tools, this may be the perfect project. Please read the attached instructions to get an idea of what you will need to do. The video is also a helpful reference.

The DIY kit includes the following:

• "L" bracket.
  • Anchor bolt for the "L" bracket is stainless and VC3 coated (an adjustable reuseable thread locker).
  • Set screw with thread locker.
  • Sear spring in 10 lb. rate which produces a 3.5 lb trigger, down from almost 7 lbs.
  • Sear pin made from stainless, .590 length, which is key to the 1/8" pull length, down from 5/8".
  • A replacement cap head screw that's shorter (10mm vs 12mm).

View attachment 182508

I have a WORD document that I provide as the reference for the modification work required. It has the most current detail on the kit installation.

Below is a link to YouTube where a couple fellow Sniper shooters did a video of their trigger kit install.

Trigger Upgrade Video

Option 2: If you prefer that I do the trigger work you can send me your trigger or xbow and I'll do the install. That's an additional $20 plus return freight.

Amped, Patriot, Heat, Mercenary, Dagger owners have Generation 2 trigger boxes and only one update option, which is in house work.

Please removed trigger box and send it to me.

CP400 owners need to send me your core xbow.

The update to the CP400 is a third process and the most involved so it is something I will do in-house.

I generally ship the DIY Sniper kits on the same same or the next business day when I’m not hunting ;) In house work takes 1-2 days.

Thanks to all of you that have and use the trigger update. It's a great change to these already pretty amazing xbows.

My email is: a914guy@aol.com
all I can say is top quality work from a very nice guy,,,,,what a difference

#6 ·
The Volt is a PoeLang built bow and the approach to make the trigger better is completely different.

There is a thread on this someplace.

Take it all apart....

Trim .040 off the tip "A"

So tip B is .90 which shortens the pull.

Remove pin and spring

Cut 1.5 coils off the spring which lightens the trigger

Reactions: dynamo61
#10 ·
The stock trigger has 7-8 lbs of trigger break pressure and 5/8" of creep (length of trigger pull). The update takes break pressure down to 3.5-4 lbs and creep down to 1/8".

The trigger work is $125, the brush is $75 and I need the main part of the bow to do the trigger work. The newest CP400s have changed the arrow retainer from the "finger" style to a "roller" like the Sniper had so brush work is not needed on these CP400s.

Reactions: captaincaveman
#12 · (Edited)
Hey Rich, IF you are going to do this for the trigger; Then how about making some front shims to take the TOO heavy downward string pressure on the rails that most of the CP's have.
JimD
The riser to rail mount on this bow makes that virtually impossible. The bows that are typically "shimmed" are attached to the flight rail on the very end of the rail. The CP400s have 4 side mount screws per side and connect all the way to the sled bridge.

That would be a tough one.....

Reactions: johntwarchery
#13 ·
Hi,
as of my understanding, ManKung Kraken XB58 is identical replica of Centerpoint Amped 415. In this case, would the trigger ugrade kit that you sell be useable, can I purchase it? Any special/other issues when installing? Cheers.

#15 ·
The trigger work I do to the Amped (XB58 xbows) is done in-house vs being a kit like offered for the XB52 or what we call the Sniper here in the US. The complexity of the work on the Gen. 2 triggers ManKung uses in these xbows is just not something I can offer in a DIY kit. Purchasing one from CP is an option vs shipping and you could drop ship that to me for the update.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.