Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased my grandsons a CenterPoint Volt 300 for his birthday. Mounter a Parker Pinpoint scope on it and sighted it in at 20 yards. Rig is actually a neat setup, especially for the bow priced at under $200.00. It shot reasonably well with field points so i bought some Dead Ringer fixed blade broadheads to try. Took a few to get dialed in but here's where the issue comes in. About every 3rd or 4th shot, i seem to get a flier. I've been using the same 3 bolts and broadheads and there's no particular bolt that is the problem. I also noticed that i'm starting to get some white residue on the left side of the rail after a few shots. The bolts i'm using are the Bear Archery Trophy Ridge X-Ray 20" 270 grain with 100 grain broadheads. The bolts have white half moon knocks and a white cock vane, so the marks have to be coming from one of these, but i inspected them all and can't find any wear marks. I lube the rail before i started and after a dozen shots but it still happening. At this point, i'm not even sure the two issues are connected. when it shots well, i'm happy with it, but i'm not comfortable letting him shoot an animal with the current situation. By the way, i rechecked all the screws and they were tight. Anyone got some ideas ?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts