Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got out my R-26 after keeping it in the house in it's padded case.Dead on when put away,arrows etc the same.Surprised to find it hitting 6" low at 25 yards.Thoughts? The string isn't centered between the timing dots but it is the same on both cams.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd check the axle to axle to see if it's a tad long. Cables and/or string may have streched a bit from sitting up.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
432 Posts
ATA has grown.
I’ll bet cables and string both need adjusting.
I bet your cables are up by or on the front dots. Axle to axle will be over 5/8" too long. You will need at least a couple twists in all cables. Just my guess.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
So the increased ATA lowers the speed and lowers the poi?
Yes, a lower speed will change the trajectory of the arrow and therefore the POI is lower than before.

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Is it as simple as adjusting by lowering the speed dial without adjusting the scope?
Indeed, adjust in small steps at a 15 - 25 yard target to be safe.
Two or three test shots should have you back in the game.
Good luck and let us know how you made out, if you don't mind of course.
Cheers,
dyna

Reactions: 4nolz

·
Registered
432 Posts
Is it as simple as adjusting by lowering the speed dial without adjusting the scope?
On a Ravin you will need to resight in your 50 and go back to 20 . If you are high at 20 turn it down .If you are low turn it up. Under 50 if you are shooting low you have to turn speed up over 50 down

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
On a Ravin you will need to resight in your 50 and go back to 20 . If you are high at 20 turn it down .If you are low turn it up. Under 50 if you are shooting low you have to turn speed up over 50 down
Well, if the area is not clear, it may be a good idea to take the first shot at less than 50 yards, just for safety's sake.

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
45 Posts
On my c5 wildcat, I usually have to adjust POA up 2 clicks after being in storage for a year, but I probably need a new string. Old one still looks fairly good, but it’s the original string on it.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
ATA has grown.
I’ll bet cables and string both need adjusting.
Are the string and cables on Ravins easily adjusted or would I need a special type of press? I do have a linear EZ Press that I can change string and cables on regular crossbows with. Thanks.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
TP with 5044 posts I'm guessing you know Ravin has to have a Ravin press ;)
My question was does it require a “special press”.

I assume you read that part, do you know?

·
Registered
10,860 Posts
I don't think it requires a special press but needs a press that will fit and press a narrow crossbow. I have seen folks pressing other narrow bows on the forums using the Ravin press.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
A Ravin press is about $240, it doesn’t look anymore complicated than what my press will do.

When I made it (originally for a compound) I made the fingers adjustable and can change where they pivot on the axle. I can lay the fingers way back if needed.

Bow Press 004.jpg
IMG_0942.JPG
Bow Press 010.jpg

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I have only used Ravin press to press Ravin bows. So do at your own risk I feel you use something else’s.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts