Banned
258 Posts
Kinda neat,hate laying mine on the ground to go pull arrows will
look into that thanks.;)

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Neat stand

for sure. Found kind of by default (when a bow fell over) that the food stirrup fits between the board of my deck where I usually practice. Thus, the bow stands upright perfectly while I chase arrows, or shoot the other one.

·
1,689 Posts
Good find Cossak especially considering that I paid $25.00 for one that said Excalbur on it!

·
11,411 Posts
Neat stand

I think Excal makes a stand for their bows that is similar to this.

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats how this thread came to be. I went into the local pro-shop and made a joke about them using guitar stands for there bows. They said they got there stands from excal. After comparing the two, you can get the same thing from guitar center or sam ash for less. Nothing against the excal model, just trying to save some cash.

·
Registered
17 Posts
That is pretty cool ! And yes saving cash now adays is a good idea ! Although I don't toss my Profusion around in the woods I have no problem lying it down on the grond when shooting target or putting tree stand in or taking it out ! ! But that stand would be nice in a ground blind like a Ameri-step or something similar ! Where you are limited to ground space ! Cool product !;)

·
Banned
402 Posts
cool...

Thanks for sharing good idea, love to save money on quality products..

I will get one soon will work in my ground blind, better then holding my cold cb.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
That's a great idea! We never know what works or not until we think it, and try it. You're good!

·
64 Posts
Great Idea!

I'm going up to the attic right now to see if my son left one up there with the other junk he had up there from his rock band days.:cool:

·
140 Posts
Not to dredge up an old thread, but I have been thinking about how to store it when not in my basement, or just a good solid rest while waiting to go on a hunt. Good thing I have 2 extras laying around with no guitars on them. I like it.

·
11,411 Posts
Did not mean it that way :)

Can you imagine all the guitar stands sitting all over my shop with me knocking them over everytime I go in there.

Here is a neat little broadhead protector and crossbow stand that allows me to sit the crossbow down on the ground when I'm hunting on the ground and then I swivel it up to straight out position for hanging it on a hook when up a tree (my favorite place :) or in the shop. This one is a modified TP unit to test the viability of the idea and it works great. It is planned for the SCM Twinbow II to offer a unit similar to this as an option.

Attachments

·
Banned
364 Posts
I've been using guitar stands for quite a while for my crossbows, although I make a slight modification . I bend the upper half back by using a conduit bender, The CB sits more stable when it is leaning back. Once I did the first one by trial, bending it a little at a time , the rest are easy as I have a pattern.

But like Moon siad , having too many CB sitting in stands, in my shop makes it quite crowded. They do work well in a ground blind and when shooting at targets.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I'll have to get someone to dig out my guitar stand from the storage barn. That is a great idea when the guys haul me out to one of the portable stands for a change of scenery. Mine already tilts back but I think I may have the bottom adapted a little so I can use it for my 243 also. Thanks for the idea, it's always great to save some money and still have something handy like this.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts