Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see on Ebay they can be had for $15 a dozen. My question is are they accurate and will they hold up long enough to kill a deer? I'm OK with one-and-done and I'm sure at that price that's all you can expect from them. Who has shot them?

· Registered
8,202 Posts
For every dollar those broad heads cost in U.S. dollars is close to $7.00 going to China. So for the $15.00 mentioned is close to $105.00 going to China with the currency exchange. Even if the same time was required to build the broad head here, at the hourly rate here those broad heads would be very costly.

Due to the high exchange rate, is the reason some of those countries can ship smaller items cheap and some items ship free.

As for the design of the mentioned broad head, if the point is steel and is screwed into an aluminum body, there is where the problem is if the point hits a very hard object. The aluminum will enlarge, making for a poor fit.

I have some of the Gunnison 3 blade broad heads which are fixed, so I realize there is a difference in design. The Gunnison has a steel point, screwed into an aluminum body. I recently shot through a broad head target where the steel point stuck into a piece of plywood I used for a back up. I managed to unscrew the arrow shaft, but wiggling the point to free it, the aluminum body expanded enough that the point would not tighten up. You can purchase this brand of broad head in Wal Mart.

Shooting the same brand of broad head into my newly acquired Rinehart Rhino Block XL target, the blades pushed back into the aluminum knurled nut. When pulling the arrow, one blade came out and remained in the target. These blades are replaceable by unscrewing the knurled nut and inserting each blade in a groove, then retightening the knurled nut.

All the best.

· Registered
660 Posts
I bought some Chinese Swackers. Not identical to the real ones. The steel points screw on different and the back of the blade makes contact with my brass arrow inserts. I paid about $8 for a dozen.
The best Chinese copies I have found are the Chinadermics, Rage Hypodermic broadhead. They are all steel, no aluminum and fly good. Others have given them good reviews.
I can send you a half dozen China Swackers for you to review.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
I have used the China Swackers. What I noticed was that they sometimes fall apart in the quiver. Point unscrews and allen screw backs out causing the blades to fall out. I now just keep my eye on them and hunt on. accuracy is good. I tape the blades closed and check them every so often. I have killed a few deer with them. I never seem to find my arrow any way so the head is one and done.

· Registered
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Robert, if I aint mistaken I believe DFB is taping the broadhead so he can shoot 'em to check 'em every so often.

Reactions: dryforkbrady

· Registered
89 Posts
I have read mixed posts here and other forums so interested in your tests. I bought a few of the chinadermics and used them with my Hoyt. I got pissed off because they would open in flight. Doubt they would work with my R29.

· Registered
16,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Be sure to post any results Dewayne. A lot of interest here.;)

Reactions: abwgtx
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.