Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
My tree lounge has to be the most comfortable stand I have. I have a viper xxl that isn't bad either. Just wish my tree lounge was lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
i got the stand, having not used it yet no way to know for sure, but I like it so far. Ordered my straps today and a super warm sweat hood for my outer layer to boot. If I don't go fishing this weekend ill go up a tree with it.

Reactions: TX_RDXguy

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
i got the stand, having not used it yet no way to know for sure, but I like it so far. Ordered my straps today and a super warm sweat hood for my outer layer to boot. If I don't go fishing this weekend ill go up a tree with it.
Keep us posted.

I made two quiver brackets last night for my Goliath and the Craig's list Viper. Both stands are off to camp next week and I'll do some morning scouting with both.

Reactions: irish1169

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Loved the slightly bigger Goliath! Just enough stretching space and arm room. That and the Titan stands are a nice fit for me.

My Viper stand is just a tad smaller than the Titan and will be snug later in the season. Time to find a new home for it. If any of you guys are interested let me know. It has the flip out foot rest added and the harness has never been used. I have a HSS harness that I use.

Viper1.jpg

Viper2.jpg

Viper4.jpg

Viper5.jpg

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
I have been using climbers since they came out with them accident free and I hunt a lot more than the average person. Taking care of your stands and using a safety harness goes a long ways. I know lots of guys that have fallen and to a man every one of them was not secured in any manner to the tree when they came out of the stands.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
You definitely have to understand the stand, how to "fix" it (both sections) to the tree when your where you want to be and and always wear a full safety harness.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been researching these again, I had ancient ones a few years ago and didn't like them. Now, I have watched a lot of videos on them and read reviews, but id like some real world opinions on some of these. I am looking for reasonable light weight, less than 20 lbs, simple to set up in dark and of course safe as you can get. I already have a nice harness system to use for it, but none of my local stores sell these things, or only sell a couple. What do you use and why do you like it? Any tips would be appreciated.
Try eBay!!! I've bought 4 now under a $100 and they all work fine. All around 11 or 12 pounds! I prefer ladder stands nowadays! My only con to climbers is on freezing weather,..they have a tendency to not grip tree as good. I had a couple close calls, but still use them a lot in early season!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try eBay!!! I've bought 4 now under a $100 and they all work fine. All around 11 or 12 pounds! I prefer ladder stands nowadays! My only con to climbers is on freezing weather,..they have a tendency to not grip tree as good. I had a couple close calls, but still use them a lot in early season!
Try an ol,man tree stand very safe ,guite climbing , folds up compact ,an very comfortable

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been looking at the goliath, I'm big so some of those smaller stands aren't going to work for me, the lone wolf is an option to, was trying to stay lighter, I don't tend to sit long periods of time. I like hitting it 1.5 hours before last shooting light, so ill pre pick my trees and mark the way in and out, just don't want to be trying to carry to much crap every day, still, for public land hunting this is a great opportunity to hit some places I don't dare leave a stand out in. Thanks for your input.
If worried bout getting stolen on public land you could do like I do and buy some of the cheaper stands on the market and leave them locked to the tree. That way don't have to carry them in and out constantly and if they are stolen not such a financial loss

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm not able to climb anymore, but of the climbing stands I've owned, I do believe the Tree Lounge was my favorite one. Only problem was, while I was asleep in it, no telling how many deer walked by snickering at me. :)

Bobby
I hunted out of a Tree Lounge for about 10 years and loved it except for the weight. Packing that sob into the woods and back out every day left me soaked in sweat unless it was real cold (this was in Texas). Always had a backpack full of hunting junk etc so all told I was hauling 50 pounds easy. But I could go up a tree 30 minutes before dawn and stay till 30 minutes after dark. Wished I had never sold it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Loved the slightly bigger Goliath! Just enough stretching space and arm room. That and the Titan stands are a nice fit for me.

My Viper stand is just a tad smaller than the Titan and will be snug later in the season. Time to find a new home for it. If any of you guys are interested let me know. It has the flip out foot rest added and the harness has never been used. I have a HSS harness that I use.

View attachment 53865
View attachment 53873
View attachment 53881
View attachment 53889
hi i am interested

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Lonewolf sit and climb and wouldn't use anything else. I also have a Lonewolf Alpha lock on, they build a tremendous stand. They are a little pricier but worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I am a bit embarrassed to say I never did take it up a tree, it is set up and ill have the summer to practice using it, I think I made the right choice for me on this one but with my season over so quick, never got to it. Thanks again for all the input

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have been researching these again, I had ancient ones a few years ago and didn't like them. Now, I have watched a lot of videos on them and read reviews, but id like some real world opinions on some of these. I am looking for reasonable light weight, less than 20 lbs, simple to set up in dark and of course safe as you can get. I already have a nice harness system to use for it, but none of my local stores sell these things, or only sell a couple. What do you use and why do you like it? Any tips would be appreciated.
Summit. Simply the best. Once you get set up, make sure you don't fall asleep. Theyre that comfortable.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Hi guys,
This isn't about brands. It about safety.
I have used climbing stands for years. This happened to me in 2011 hunting season.

I was descending from 24' up the oak after an evening hunt. When I walked the stand about 2 steps down I heard a clevis pin slide out.
I reacted by grabbing the rails of the seat portion as I fail thru it towards the rocky ground.
I am very happy to report I held on then pulled up to safety. That was temporarily as I was in an unsafe situation being 19' up without the use of the foot section.

It took a while to determine how I could get down safety but thank God I did.
I turned around in the seat portion to face the tree. I basically used the bear hug method to let the stand down with myself in it.

That was a life changing moment. I use the safety harness system without fail..now.

I don't have a clue how the safety clasp came undone on that pin. I had used that stand several times at that location. Now I check those pins before I climb up.

Reactions: Statgeek

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Thanks for your recommendations

41 - 60 of 90 Posts