Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I gave up on climbers several years ago (as I aged). Now, I use ladders mostly but do have a couple of strap-ons that I use (just not too high)!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I gave up on climbers several years ago (as I aged). Now, I use ladders mostly but do have a couple of strap-ons that I use (just not too high)!
I am still able to use all of them. Ground blinds may be my favorites. But then I have one lock on that has been my best the last two years. It can be put where others can't go. I hung it in a large white oak tree about 25' up where the deer don't think of you being. The low climb help assist get up there but a few screw in steps and your are there. Ladder stands have there niches also. It all depends on where the deer are hanging out. One has to be flexible. Sometimes stalking is the best.

·
Registered
66 Posts
so does anybody remember the hanging and climbing stands warren and sweat sold in the 80's? i don't think safety harnesses had been invented yet. i still have both the stands and although i have a summit climber i use my w and s the most. not so comfortable for more than a couple hrs but man is that thing light. my lunch weighs more. the greatest for going in an area for the first time to see what's going on.
the hanging stand IS very comfortable and it is also my favorite. but now that i live in n. wi there are no oaks but i still use it for my favorite set up.
2 trees 18'' diameter within 2 feet of each other. a climbing stick to get up there then the hanging stand is put up and you can take advantage of the 2 large trunks. straps around the trunks to lean on, one trunk to lean on or use for cover. feel very secure up there between those big tree trunks and it is a piece of cake to transfer from climbing stick to the stand if the 2 are on separate trunks. also much easier to hang stand on the ''other'' trunk while standing on the stick.

·
Registered
10,841 Posts
I still have an original Baker climbing stand with a hand climber and a swinging plywood seat in my garage in good condition. :eek:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love my Tree Walker! I had a Lone Wolf Sit and Climb and I loved the weight and how it folded flat, but the seat was not comfortable for an all day rut hunt. The Tree Walker is way more comfortable and it bites into the tree better than the Lone Wolf Climber. Sold the Lone Wolf and Purchased the Tree Walker and never looked back. The Tree Walker is like sitting in your Recliner at home and it weighs 20 pounds.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mancini 360 is the best stand I've ever used. Extremely quiet, plus all day comfort. 360 degrees of silent rotation. Best climber I've used in 40 years hands down.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Been using a Summit Goliath, great stand. The Viper is just as good, I bought the Goliath so I would have a little more room when wearing heavier clothing in the cold weather. Great solid stand and highly recommend a pair of stabilizer straps which make it rock solid. The current aluminum version is about 21 pounds and a hair more with the footrest.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have 7 climbers (just don’t use them enough anymore), 3 ladder stands and 4 pop-ups. My wife says I have an addiction.
I guess my favorite is the Loggy Bayou original (18 pounds maybe) and the Loggy bayou II. I own 2 of the original and 1 of the II. I also have 4 of the Ol Man tree stands and though heavy to carry too far in.
I use pop-ups because my wife likes to move around. I like the ladder stands but in the urban areas I hunt now thinking of going back to climbers.

Jonothan

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have 7 climbers (just don’t use them enough anymore), 3 ladder stands and 4 pop-ups. My wife says I have an addiction.
I guess my favorite is the Loggy Bayou original (18 pounds maybe) and the Loggy bayou II. I own 2 of the original and 1 of the II. I also have 4 of the Ol Man tree stands and though heavy to carry too far in.
I use pop-ups because my wife likes to move around. I like the ladder stands but in the urban areas I hunt now thinking of going back to climbers.

Jonothan
Now that's the kind of addiction I wouldn't mind having. Always a good thing to have choices!

·
Registered
2017 Sliverado
174 Posts
I have been researching these again, I had ancient ones a few years ago and didn't like them. Now, I have watched a lot of videos on them and read reviews, but id like some real world opinions on some of these. I am looking for reasonable light weight, less than 20 lbs, simple to set up in dark and of course safe as you can get. I already have a nice harness system to use for it, but none of my local stores sell these things, or only sell a couple. What do you use and why do you like it? Any tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2017 Sliverado
174 Posts
I have been researching these again, I had ancient ones a few years ago and didn't like them. Now, I have watched a lot of videos on them and read reviews, but id like some real world opinions on some of these. I am looking for reasonable light weight, less than 20 lbs, simple to set up in dark and of course safe as you can get. I already have a nice harness system to use for it, but none of my local stores sell these things, or only sell a couple. What do you use and why do you like it? Any tips would be appreciated.
I would steer clear of summit stands. I'm not going to argue with anyone about this bc I know they're very popular and trusted but I've had new ones with welds breaking and seen the aluminum tubing bust on fairly new ones. Whatever you do buy though don't go cheap with something you're putting your life's trust in. I know there's lemons in each brand.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use a treewalker. Rock solid. Large platform. Super comfy seat. The one with the shooting rail is great for a crossbow. I keep a cammo apron bungeed up on the rail which I release when I get up for extra concealment.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I use a treewalker. Rock solid. Large platform. Super comfy seat. The one with the shooting rail is great for a crossbow. I keep a cammo apron bungeed up on the rail which I release when I get up for extra concealment.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I see that tree walker is out of business

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I have 2 Hunters View climbers that are 20 years old which are still in use. I retired a 3rd one. They went out of business I am guessing after the design of the 3rd one which has too few welds.
Yaw thinks I should retire the other two?

61 - 80 of 90 Posts