Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Crossbow Nut
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cams on my X1 have been out of sync since day 1. Pointed it out to the tech at Northwoods and he got it closer but not a lot he could do with the dang cables being fully served.
I can stick a .213 drill rod between the cam and limb on the left side, but only .137 on the right. .076 doesn't sound like much but it bugs me, so I'm workin on it, and just have a couple refinements and it's done.
Rim Auto part Metal Automotive wheel system Event

This will give all the adjustment I need for cam sync.

·
Crossbow Nut
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not leave a small section of the cables where they do not touch unserved for timing twists?
Good question.
This is the only place where the cables don't come into contact with each other or get taken up into the tracks. Seemed the safest place and easiest to locate as far as where to start serving.

·
4,375 Posts
I like how you did that, Cal. I despise the fully served s/cs on my Mission Dagger, with unserved loops. In what universe does that make any sense? You loops won’t separate and get all messed up. The fact that you can’t leave any space for adjustment is making me rethink the desire for a narrow bow like the X1 or Fatal. I made a s/c set for one of the new Dartons, and was able to leave a 1” section unserved. Unless it’s a Ravin/TP type system, I wouldn’t want to go narrower than that.

·
Crossbow Nut
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like how you did that, Cal. I despise the fully served s/cs on my Mission Dagger, with unserved loops. In what universe does that make any sense? You loops won’t separate and get all messed up. The fact that you can’t leave any space for adjustment is making me rethink the desire for a narrow bow like the X1 or Fatal. I made a s/c set for one of the new Dartons, and was able to leave a 1” section unserved. Unless it’s a Ravin/TP type system, I wouldn’t want to go narrower than that.
Jeff, I have a little less than 1" of unserved space between where the cable changes direction and the little horseshoe serving that goes around the lug.
I was going to completely close that loop but get more room for adjustment this way.

·
Crossbow Nut
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the first time ever, the cams on my X1 are FINALLY in sync. Haven't shot it since installing the new strings and cables, so I may need to make further adjustment.
Needed to put a twist and a half on 1 side.
Textile Sleeve Art Paint Pattern

Textile Art Flooring Font Graffiti

While you have your cables off, I found something you may want to look at. One end of the cables are anchored by a screw that is threaded into the cam. The potential problem I see is that the screw doesn't go in the threaded hole very far, creating a potential weak spot. I replaced mine with a longer screw that uses all the thread available.
The factory screw is 8-32 x 3/8" long. I replaced it with 8-32 x 1/2".
Sky Triangle Event Ceiling Font

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bicycle part Material property Rim

Crankset Bicycle part Automotive lighting Rim Automotive tire

Might seem like nitpicking, but I had the cables anyway and fixed it for a few cents.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I like the idea of how you served your cable loops

That may eliminate the robust sections that can blow out or bend the cam tracks

KI Swat X1 (x2)
Sig Sauer BDX and Kilo 1800
Thorn Crown 125 and HPX 125

·
Crossbow Nut
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

KI Swat X1 (x2)
Z, the other end is a fully served closed loop.

·
Crossbow Nut
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

KI Swat X1 (x2)
Z, I just caught your meaning. Looks like MAYBE the string itself could benefit from a horseshoe loop. I'll check closer next time I shoot. Just came in from putting 5 shots through it and of course a slight cable adjustment is needed, maybe half a twist now. Shoots 1.5" right; need a little scope adjustment.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts

KI Swat X1 (x2)
It is a good idea. 👍 Would eliminate the area that cut on mine with the AS cables.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts