Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, does anyone own a Cobra R-series Adder by EK archery they’d bought as a novelty amd want to part with? I can offer payment via PayPal immediately for one. It looka like so much fun. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha yeah, I can see the idea of a pump action crossbow being a little menacing in the public eye, the guy that designed it got in trouble for posting a video of a knife he made piercing body armor. People need to chill. It looks fun, it’s the only thing I don’t like about it is the videos I’ve seen of it the small proprietary bolts seem to break relatively easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
It looks fun, it’s the only thing I don’t like about it is the videos I’ve seen of it the small proprietary bolts seem to break relatively easily.
As I see it, they are standard bolts (perhaps vertical-bow diameters), only shorter, and two-fletched.
I don't own one either, but I've seen the slingshot channel videos.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Tried to buy one from Germany or Austria or wherever it was, they would not ship to Canada ...
Most probably an import/export issue.
I had occasionally ordered microchips stuff from the US, and had to answer intimidating questions about it's use. And sign a declaration to not ever use it in a military context. Plus a hefty customs fee and transportation costs.
So, I can easily understand smaller European companies not wanting to go through that hassle.

As far as the technical details, this thing is basically a modified EK Archery Cobra xbow. Not the first choice for the hunting-oriented US customers.

That dealer (a favourite of mine for vertical bows) has the base model:
https://www.bogentandler.at/en/ek-archery-cobra-system-r9-pistol-crossbow-deluxe-package-6103
You could try to contact them, but I don't want to raise hopes .. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Most probably an import/export issue.
I had occasionally ordered microchips stuff from the US, and had to answer intimidating questions about it's use. And sign a declaration to not ever use it in a military context. Plus a hefty customs fee and transportation costs.
So, I can easily understand smaller European companies not wanting to go through that hassle.

As far as the technical details, this thing is basically a modified EK Archery Cobra xbow. Not the first choice for the hunting-oriented US customers.

That dealer (a favourite of mine for vertical bows) has the base model:
https://www.bogentandler.at/en/ek-archery-cobra-system-r9-pistol-crossbow-deluxe-package-6103
You could try to contact them, but I don't want to raise hopes .. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the info, wb_hunter, much obliged.
I am not in a hurry, it was more of a novelty purchase for the children to play with, but I admit, I would play with it too, of course LOL!

·
Registered
338 Posts
...for the children to play with...
I think this is the purpose it is good for - if the kids can pull the 90lbs. Or was it 120 ???
It's not quite an option for hunting anything beyond rabbits, and hardly useful for self-defence.
I had seen advertisements claiming the latter ...

And as a tip, I'm pretty sure the bolt/arrow diameter are nothing special. You could make them yourself, from commercial carbon shafts and inserts/tip/nocks. The two-fletch is not a problem.
I recently did the same for modified xbow, I only had to work on the nocks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Even in the uk they are like gold dust.
The company cant manufacture them fast enough.
They are on pre-order here with three months wait.
Each supplier only received six and they sold in minutes
Ive managed to get one one, after waiting a month.
should be here monday.
They all have small proprietry arrows, nocks,vanes same width as bow arrows.
7.5" carbon for the magazine which can be fitted with 2 blade broadheads.
Also single shot 15" also can be fitted with broadheads.
Latest information is they are testing to increasing the 130 Ib draw
to 150-180 still not really a good hunting choice,
But accurate and powerfull upto 40 yards or so.
I will give you a run-down when it arrives.
Can also look out for one for you.
I think Some retailers will send to america here.
you will have to pre-order though.
Email gary at outdoorhobbies he might be able to
help you get one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still waiting to read a report from someone who has actually used one of these RX Adders. There are limitations to importing certain crossbows into Canada. Pistol-style ones cannot be imported. Actually specified in govt. regs. We tried to import one some years ago for a film project and it was seized by Canadian Customs. That's why I'm leery about trying to bring in the Adder without hearing of someone who has done it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts