Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a noob just preparing to buy my first crossbow. Wondering if anyone has successfully imported into Canada one of these awesome semi-auto crossbows which have a 6 shot capacity? Unfortunately they are so popular that next shipping is not until September. Also curious if any duty or customs fees were levied on the importation. Even without those the price tag really mounts up if you want the extra ten bolts, replacement string and the flashlight and laser--looking like around $800 cdn.

Any thoughts on this appreciated, and a member review would be great!

·
Registered
13,565 Posts
Nope...hadn't seen one. Welcome to the boards. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Whenever I grow a brain cell matching the one I have I will figure out how to post a proper "howdy-doo" new member introduction.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome.
To the initial question, the same here in Europe. I checked recently, and most dealers (archery, x-bows) seem very low on stocks, with several weeks delivery times for many items.
And the Cobra Adder is, AFAIK, a custom-made version of the Cobra from EK archery. And EK archery is (correct my if I'm wrong) just a PoeLang brand, which means Taiwan.

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
There is already a post/thread about the Adder and the one from the "Steambow" group.
I contacted the Steambow group and they told me to ask Pyramid Air, because they were not sure if they could ship to Canada.
Pyramid Air is the US distributor and I have not contacted them yet.

PS welcome to the Forums!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
T'hanks for your info. Does the manufacture being in Taiwan make a big difference? I have a lot of faith in one of the designers, Jorg Sprave< a crazy German guy who has invented and built a multitude of remarkable bows and slingshots. He's hilarious and can be seen on his "Slingshot Channel" on youTube. Anyway these Cobra RX Adders are very cool. 130 lb, 5.5" bolts, Not really hunting bows but more designed for target shooting and tactical deployment. Look like lots of fun. Surprised these weapons seem unknown on this site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is an improvement on the Cobra R Adder with added magazine. With practice can shoot 5 bolts in 10 seconds! check this out:

There is already a post/thread about the Adder and the one from the "Steambow" group.
I contacted the Steambow group and they told me to ask Pyramid Air, because they were not sure if they could ship to Canada.
Pyramid Air is the US distributor and I have not contacted them yet.

PS welcome to the Forums!
Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts