Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wanted to build one for sometime now. I put together one, albeit, crude and temporary.
I used an old wood stove, old deer blind, and an old 11" high pressure gas line 19' foot long. The blue tarp is to help plug the opening. I put a small floor fan at the end of the pipe, in the deer blind, to create the draft necessary for the whole system to work. When I first put it into operation, I smoked some steaks, deer, that were already cut for the grill. I could have smoked them less, but they had that rich hickory smoked flavor of the best steak house.
My goal was to set the smoker up for smoking breakfast sausage without cooking it.
It was very palatable after the grinder, the smoker should add that special touch.
Cannon
Pipeline transport Pipe Tree
Cuisine Soppressata Sausage

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Used to do something very similar to that for years for our cold smoked, cured deer sausage. Occasionally some of the sticks right next to the smoke inlet would get hot and cook a little. So a couple years ago I switched to a pellet tube and smoking pellets that I just lay in the smoker. Way easier for me to keep the temp down and still gets plenty of smoke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.