Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have thought about trying for the Colorado Big 8 with a crossbow. This would be: Whitetail, Mule Deer, Elk, Pronghorn, Bear, Mt. Lion, Bighorn Sheep, and Mtn. Goat. The Big 10 would include Moose and Desert Bighorn (almost impossible to draw a tag). The 8 has been done many times with compound bow and traditional bows, but I wonder...has anyone ever done it with a crossbow? It's even more difficult than using a verticle bow sometimes because you have to use the shorter (with more competition) rifle seasons. Does anyone know if this has been done before? Thanks!

·
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just looked at the regs for mountain goat and sheep. Both of these could take 10 years applying to draw a tag so I think I'll concentrate on the others first. Call it the Colorado 6 :^). Maybe I should make it a good challenge and try to get P&Y sized animals on those 6 and just forget about the "rich man's" species for now.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
You know, things are only impossible until we do them, so I say go for it! Be the first one to accomplish your goal. Lead the rest of us by example. Show us how you did it and what you learned along the way. Good Luck Buddy!

·
342 Posts
Yeah...go for it, you only live once...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts