Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, while in Europe I saw some Great Lakes Impact crossbows that had black carbon fiber limbs an red stocks and a Stinger that had black carbon fiber limbs and stock. I can't seem to find any information on these and was wondering if this product is unique to European markets or were these xbows customized by the dealer who was selling them? Due to the language barrier, I wasn't able to get much info from him.

One thing for sure, if I could have figured out how to put another $800 on the expense account, I would have bought and shipped one of those black Stingers home.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Colored

You may be right about the Darton, but Are you sure the limbs were Carbon Fiber,or a special dip coating that looks exactly like Carbon Fiber?.
When first observed at the ATA Show a Tenpoint phantom with the Black Carbon dip was thought to be Carbon Fiber.

·
1,222 Posts
Yea...the Bowtech guys did a good job of making their stuff look like real C.F.
You have to look close to see it's not. Both the limbs and stock parts.

Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The limbs sure didn't look painted. They had the XXXXX cross-weave pattern that you see in carbon fiber holsters etc. But since I've never seen anything painted to resemble that pattern to give me any reference, it might have been paint. If it was, it was the best paint job I've ever seen. Regardless, they were very sharp looking crossbows. Wish I'd had the $$$ to pick one up.

·
1,222 Posts
Yes-sir...very happy with my two Dartons.

Waiting for the Horton Recon 175 and maybe one other Darton...that'll make 7 bows!

Though one or two may go up for sale...maybe next month.

Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems crossbow are a little like potato chips: It's hard to stop at one! I'm sure there will be another in my future for everyday shooting so the Impact will always be ready for the hunt.

·
1,222 Posts
Yea...looks like I just won the Impact (new) off of E-bay...$450.

I may put the Fireforce up for sale. Really don't need three of'em do I ??
Anyone interested, let me know.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts