Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering selling my like new WR RDX400 that I purchased last October. Wanting to give a Deathstalker 420 or possibly other Scorpyd rig a try.

Should I do it? Is it goi g to be an substantial upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing wrong with what you have and/or DS420. Pick your poison.
Absolutely agree that there is nothing wrong with my RDX, live it. Always wanted a Scorpyd though......

·
Registered
13,920 Posts
Is the warranty on your crossbow transferable? If not then you'll take a substantial loss selling it. Just keep it for a backup and buy you the new bow.;)

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Considering selling my like new WR RDX400 that I purchased last October. Wanting to give a Deathstalker 420 or possibly other Scorpyd rig a try.

Heck yes it will be an upgrade, You will absolutely love the DS 420. Quite, accurate, fast, great trigger and no press necessary to change strings and cables and tune the bow. What's not to love about it? :)

·
10,173 Posts
I'd take … the Scorpyd over the Wicked Ridge. But in the field, one's probably not going to kill any more deer than the other. Might be a few percentage points advantage to the Scorpyd. Is that worth $1,300.00 to you?

·
Registered
44 Posts

I had the WR RDX400 I don't have the DS420 but I do have the DS380. I kept the DS380 over the RDX 400 for a couple reasons. Weight the DS wins hands down. Trigger not even close DS wins again which also means the DS wins in accuracy. Customer service is great with both but you probably won't need it on either one. If you hunt in bad weather the DS wins titanium fasteners WR keep the fasteners oiled or protected . The warranty is not transferable so you will take a big hit on the sale. I was looking at the DS 420 because I need a crank. I bought a TP viper because of the new crank system and I wanted to try their new trigger. The new crank is great I have not spent enough time with the bow to give an opinion on the trigger.

·
10,173 Posts
DS420 ordered and set to be delivered Friday

Perfect … Plenty of time to get used to it before the season too.

Reactions: Z-Rider
1 - 17 of 17 Posts