Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long guys? Since it's just rolling out, I say about two weeks. Let's hear it.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What target do I need to stop these “bolts”? I have ruined the fletching on all my “bolts”, and not sighted in to 150 yards yet! ;)
That haven't made one yet. A good business for Ravin to get into. Ravin Target, only $500.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
That would be a great accessory selling point. When you buy a new Ravin, their target comes with it.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
That haven't made one yet. A good business for Ravin to get into. Ravin Target, only $500.
And required or you void the bows warranty!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Hopefully there will be no issues. After waiting this long for Ravin to roll out the R500, should be reliable like the rest of their bows. I plan on owning one, but it won't be this year. Unless Scorpyd comes out with a model with a sliding trigger box for cocking/decocking...that may trump the Ravin for me.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Hopefully there will be no issues. After waiting this long for Ravin to roll out the R500, should be reliable like the rest of their bows. I plan on owning one, but it won't be this year. Unless Scorpyd comes out with a model with a sliding trigger box for cocking/decocking...that may trump the Ravin for me.
That’s what I’m waiting on to since that screw crank is a Scorpyd patent they are leasing

Reactions: 1hunter

·
Registered
935 Posts
How long guys? Since it's just rolling out, I say about two weeks. Let's hear it.
That's hard to guess, there is some human component involved.
With vertical compounds for example, there are always fools around who draw it with their fingers, and either derail it or dry-fire the bow. In less than a day.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Will they put trackers inside their arrows so I can find them after I shoot.

Reactions: Skeeter58

·
Registered
29 Posts
String and cables are a given, first people are not going to care for them as they should and ravin is not going to go with very high quality strings. Strings and arrows are the two largest corner cutting things manufactures do to save money. Since it looks like they went a bit above and beyond to test the bows I give them six months to start really blowing limbs, I just dont think short 350+ pound limbs are going to stand the test of time. Also six months will let us know if the testing they did factored in extended use.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I say less than a month after the purchase when the wife sees the $3000 charge on the statement! That’s when the problems will start.....

·
12,620 Posts
Bad juju thread... I'm not speculating on somebody else's potential misery. 😲 ;) I hope the rollout goes smooth as glass and every buyer is ecstatic with his R500.:)
Product Font Comfort Cartoon Sharing
😂;)

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
What target do I need to stop these “bolts”? I have ruined the fletching on all my “bolts”, and not sighted in to 150 yards yet! ;)
I bet the SpyderWeb No Speed Limit 2021 version works fine.
The 2020 version stops 470fps, 400gr arrows no probs at 20+ yards.

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Should have called this thread the gathering of negative Nancy's!! :)

Give it up already!
That was funny and on point.

With Ravin it's always a double edge sword. I wish them the best for their targeted demographic. Everyone has a right to make a buck. We the consumers are the ultimate voters whether it's a success or a flop. I will say what they are peddling is innovative and disruptive.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts