Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
I want to handle and shoot one that's for sure. I said I wouldn't buy another all black crossbow but this one has gray limbs so it might be a possibility down the road.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I want to handle and shoot one that's for sure. I said I wouldn't buy another all black crossbow but this one has gray limbs so it might be a possibility down the road.
If the color worries you, buy it and send straight to me! Just name the color you want and after I thoroughly test the paint job, I will send to you! Lol

Reactions: burky247365

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
i would expect the center serving issue, as with most other high load bows.
Thats about it.

Reactions: burky247365

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I prefer an all black or dark gray bow. 100% of my hunting happens from pop up tents. I also dress in all black, going for the "black out" effect...extremely effective. Camo bows and clothing are useless to me.

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
They are to me too and I don’t hunt in a box😊

·
12,620 Posts
Okay ... I'll tell you the TWO first things that will be a Ravin R500 problem! I'll do this without offending the Karma gods.😂
#1a. AFFORDING one!:p
#1b. Finding one to buy.;)

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
No doubt Duke, they will be as rare as hens teeth for a while. Wonder if this would be considered a 2022 model, the new crop is right around the corner again...lol. It never ends.

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
1,509 Posts
The problem will arise when they unveil the NEW R520 at the trade show (available soon) and everyone wants to upgrade to a bow that is 20 fps faster.
Seriously though, string wear and potentially limb failure would be the type of gremlins one would expect with that kind of speed. Wishing all the speed freaks nothing but the best of luck. Burn rubber boys!
Oncebitten

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The problem will arise when they unveil the NEW R520 at the trade show (available soon) and everyone wants to upgrade to a bow that is 20 fps faster.
Seriously though, string wear and potentially limb failure would be the type of gremlins one would expect with that kind of speed. Wishing all the speed freaks nothing but the best of luck. Burn rubber boys!
Oncebitten
Yeah, 4.5% faster is a game changer.

Reactions: Oncebitten

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not even going to speculate. Just gonna sit back and watch the show for a year or two after the real world testing progresses. One thing is for certain, some people can tear up a steel ball with a rubber mallet. Then it will be the usual blame game from both sides.

I hope this bow will be a solid one for all those that invest in them.

·
Registered
Excalibur Exomax
534 Posts
Going to be a lot of excellent crossbows in the classifieds!! Many will have to do it to fund the R500.
Bill

·
Registered
Ventilator 175 Extreme Scorpyd Velocity 165
507 Posts
All bows have problems. It is the percentage that do that is important. And the seriousness of the problems that do manifest. I wish them well, but always wait for the shake out. I do like the idea of the 500 fps.

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Not even going to speculate. Just gonna sit back and watch the show for a year or two after the real world testing progresses. One thing is for certain, some people can tear up a steel ball with a rubber mallet. Then it will be the usual blame game from both sides.

I hope this bow will be a solid one for all those that invest in them.
That is a good one, thanks for the chuckle!
Will have to use it next time Wifey breaks something that, under even heavy use, should NOT break!
That will earn my a "time out" but it'll be worth it!

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
I refuse to guess how long it will be for a crossbow guy or gal having problems with as bow. For customers sake a hope it's a winner.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I guess I'm just not getting all the drama involved here...
I hope the bow is safe and functions as it is designed to function for the sake of all owners and potential owners.
That being said, the R500 is only 20 fps faster than several other crossbows on the market.
Virtually no flatter trajectory will be noticeable between 480 and 500 with same weight arrow.
Oh, well....I'll keep racking-up kills (and smiles), with my slow-poke 110 lb. Scorpyd Aculeus and be happy.

(Until I spring for the 110 or 135 Scorpyd Tremor!) ;)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
tare up a steel ball with a rubber mallet. Yea thats funny but so true.

I saw an old guy trying to pull back a Barnet with hooks on the cables not the string............... 😀

Remember....its not about the speed with the 500 as much as it making everyones else's bow totally obsolete.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts