Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One bow is set up to shoot 100 grain field points. Another bow is set up to shoot 125 grain field points. I use the same arrows for both bows.
I have 100 grain broadheads. Is it possible to obtain 25 grain washers to insert between the arrow and broadhead so I can use the same broadheads for both bows?

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
If you are going to keep your hunting shots inside 40 yards 25 grains will probably only make about 1/4" or so of difference. Shoot them and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
It will be fine to shoot the hundred grain broadheads if you don't like the way they fly then add your 25 grains a weight

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I believe I will standardize field points and broadheads to 100 grains on both bows.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
You can buy the 25 gr washers but your broadhead's threads may not be long enough to screw in once they are added on.

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
Thanks for your replies. I believe I will standardize field points and broadheads to 100 grains on both bows.
I have two crossbows and a lot of different heads in 100 grain and 125 grain. Looks like I'll use the heavier heads on one bow and the lighter heads on the other. Once the heavier heads are used up I'm switching both bows to 100 grain heads. Hmmmm….I could set both bows up on the 125 grain tips and use 'em up quicker....decisions, decisions. HA!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts