Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this is not crossbow related directly, kinda, but since there's not much new on here, I figured I'd share and give those of you who have not yet experienced the joy of a grandchild, or child, a giggle. Just call me Forest Chump. Yep. You know that saying his friend Bubba says?
In case you didn't read the thread about me possibly going to the pokey for child abuse the other day, I'll get you caught up a bit. Seems after grandson was done digging a three foot hole in my driveway, loosing the fire extinguisher out of the boat, loosing the tools out of my truck and from the garden shed, Possibly IN the hole in the drive he had to cover back up, we aren't quite sure yet, Oh yea, and climbed UP on the work benches in the shop and took a razor blade and cut off all the beards of ten turkey fan mounts about 10 foot up the wall, he left one of my freezers open over night that was full of deer meat.
So, all day yesterday, I cooked. So I have fried deer meat, stewed deer meat, broiled deer meat, baked deer meat, and chilli deer meat in the crock pot but not forgetting Manwich sauce with deer meat, in anpther pot left over from supper last night.
Are you done laughing for a second? So, today we ate deer meat all day for breakfast, for lunch, for snacks and for supper. Can you believe he had the nerve to tell me he was tired of eating deer meat this evening? Quit laughing!
Kids! They're great. As long as they eventually go home!

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, the boy has always referred to me as sweet grandma or sweetheart.
He's fixing to think differently about sweetheart. I think I've scared him into behaving the rest of this week. He's been here for 3 months and had too much fun all in 2 days. There was more. Why was the freezer and fridge open? Because it WAS full of soda pops and bottled water. We're not gonna mention much about what he did at his mamas. It had to do with a DVD he wasn't supposed to watch, cutting his hair and finding her cigarettes in her camping gear, emptying a spray bottles of Fabreeze and filling it with water to spray her cats, and not sleeping all night but instead, having too much fun. Darn if I didn't save him from her the weekend before! He got the bustin' alright, but I rescued him from the hair clippers (not totally though) and her making him smoke the rest of those cigarettes. 36 more hours and he goes back to the city for school! I'm sure I'll calm down by the time Thanksgiving and deer season comes around.

·
329 Posts
GG,

rotflmRao.

and you wonder WHY i felt "blessed" to have two DAUGHTERS & two NIECES, instead of a total of 4 boys???? (i think NOT!)

fwiw, "the grrrls" are NOT angels (remind me sometime to tell you about the Christmas vacation that i spent putting orange ribbons on all the farm fences, so that the horses could see the fences. i "gave up on" trying to stop the grrrls from jumping the barb-wire fences!) , but i've always treated them as "grownups" since they were about ten & generally they tried to BE "grownup".
(it's been my experience that kids will do anything that they think that they can get away with. i certainly fit that description.)

fwiw, my kid sister said to me one day a couple of years ago, "Brother dear, some days i just hate you, cause my kids actually mind you."
(i told her that i can threaten the girls with "take you home", when they misbehaved. she cannot do that = chuckle.)

your www.friend, tn46

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, no worries. I know for a fact that girls turn into head spinning drama queens later. Boy are boys, but seem to calm down before hitting puberty. Then, about the time they're ready to get the drivers license, there lives turn very secretive.
I do use the "send you home" card alot. Doesn't work when they KNOW they are fixing to go home though. Ah, this is really my pentence I have to pay for what I did as a child, I guess. I too spent alot of time at my grandmothers home myself.
I also heard from my daughter that if I didn't have these kids believing I was the greatest, they wouldn't want to hangout at my house all the time. Mostly, they all behave, and show respect. One won't eat real food so she has to go home. I refuse to give a child orange soda and call it orange juice and potato chips and crackers for a lunch with a Sprite. The child was served hot apple pie a la mode one evening I let her stay over night and she ate the ice cream but wouldn't touch the pie because it had apples in it. That is not my grandkid! Yet. She's 7 and weighs about 40 lbs maybe. She loves to hunt and fish though.
Here's the terrible twosome last week with their new brilliant idea. They took Katies fishing pole and tied a piece of corn onto it and threw it under the corn feeder right before the evening throwing and were going to "catch" a deer. Now, who am I to tell them it was a bad plan? Instead I just grabbed a video camera and watched from the porch. The does were not happy they were too close to the feeder and only snorted and didn't fall for the "trick". LMAO!
Notice my missing jack stands? They used them for cover. I looked for the missing fire extinguisher there, but no luck!

Attachments

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
texasnative46 said:
GG,

FUNNY!! CUTE kids, too.

btw, are you tired of venison 3 meals a day yet??? (i wouldn't be.)

your www.friend, tn46
BLAH!!! After cooking it and smelling it for a few days, YES! Tonight, we're having shrimp and Potato crusted cod with lots of tartar sauce! After 25 more hours, the kitchen will be closed for the winter, mostly. I go back into semi retirement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts