Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm trying to become a new Xbower. Darton has my interst because I like the look of what they are offering and I know nothing but good from their compounds and the dealings friends have had with them. But when I look on the website I see no price info. Is that info here somewhere(I've searched for it with no success) or do one need to contact them. The only phone# I've seen on their site is for ordering parts. TIA, CTOman

·
1,222 Posts
CTO -

Best bet is to just go to where you might be buying from for pricing.
Darton has a few quirks in their advertizing, this is one. But you aren't buying from Darton, you are buying from a shop, a big box store, archery shop, etc.

I've got three Darton crossbows and am thinking about the Serpent LTD. Maybe selling one of the other three..
I down to seven bows and three are Darton..., so I'd guess you can see I like them..!

Good luck in your search and have fun.

Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CTO -

Best bet is to just go to where you might be buying from for pricing.
Darton has a few quirks in their advertizing, this is one. But you aren't buying from Darton, you are buying from a shop, a big box store, archery shop, etc.

I've got three Darton crossbows and am thinking about the Serpent LTD. Maybe selling one of the other three..
I down to seven bows and three are Darton..., so I'd guess you can see I like them..!

Good luck in your search and have fun.

Mike
Not many dealers in my area I'll have to look around. Thank You for reply.

·
Registered
449 Posts

Mike
you would'nt happen to hava impact to part with , do ya ???

·
281 Posts
I just bought a Darton Serpent Limited 2. Unfortunately the serving started coming apart after 20 shots so I sent the bow part in for string replacement. It didn't separate where the claws gripped the string, but off to the right. Darton has been very good about taking care of things. I am excited to use it on an upcoming hunt. It is well balanced and shoots very fast.

·
1,222 Posts
As far as pricing...in the Darton website, click on the "buy it now" button.
The price will show up on that next page.

Mike

·
Registered
179 Posts
Darton really prefers that you purchase from the local retailers. If you find a local retailer you will get a price that is better then buying direct from Darton. But either way you will get an extreamly great crossbow for the money. The Ttoxins are very accurate, and have a great history of being very durable. All built on a compact and manuverable design

·
Registered
664 Posts
This thread had been dead for nearly 8 years!

Across the bottom of the post in blue letters are the person's screen name and then the date that the post was created.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Doing my due diligence before buying a mid priced corssbow that is right at the top of the sweet spot in quality to dolar taking a look at all the post in here and AT.

Also strongly believe that there is no such thing as a bad question except the question never asked. Also if there is a question many others are likely to have the same question. Adding to these older questions stands to help people that are likely asking the same current question. If it helps them find the answer it has done good. Also it may help others find the best kept secret in the crossbow and compound bow industry

·
Registered
179 Posts
Sorry, my bad

Reactions: Fletcher

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thank you

Reactions: beervo2

·
1,222 Posts
Bad etiquette..? What the hell ? That's just tough if I bring up old info, get over it..!
I'd rather see all past info than cut myself short on possibly good "passed" info.
I always look for past threads (no matter how old) before asking "apparently" new questions.

Mike

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Bad etiquette..? What the hell ? That's just tough if I bring up old info, get over it..!
I'd rather see all past info than cut myself short on possibly good "passed" info.
I always look for past threads (no matter how old) before asking "apparently" new questions.

Mike
Ummm….
Tactic used by manufactures for a long time.
Hit the search engine and bring anything related back to the top with positive commentary.
Most people (today) know this and that is why it is frowned upon. Poor salesmanship.
Say who you are and what you are about.
The sneaky pete stuff turns people off.

·
Registered
664 Posts

Mike
And it is all there for you to find. By all means, look before asking if it pleases you.

But there isn't much value in posting a response to something that was settled years ago.

·
1,222 Posts
Ranger wrote -
But there isn't much value in posting a response to something that was settled years ago.

Pretty silly comment, who said ANYTHING was..."settled" ?! These are just comments by other people, that MAY...have something positive to pass on to others, be it yesterday, or two years ago. Seems pretty short sided to want to gather only "today's" information, when yesterdays information could be just as valid (often is!).

Funny thing, I ALSO read the occasional posts that have nothing to do with what I am "currently" doing. Why...1. Some bit of information can cross over into other areas. and 2. Who knows, I MAY be able to use this currently not required info, when I decide to do something else in the future..! Use that info or not...the way I see it...learning is ALWAYS a good thing.

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts