Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday morning,
headed to my hunting camper, not for a hunt but to check and make sure everything is ok there. Had not been there in a while due to medical issues. Upon arrival I saw a coyote in the deep brush chasing a small animal. I set up to see if the coyote would answer a call. After calling for a few minutes, the coyote stopped in a small clearing over 40 yards away. No matter how I called, the coyote would not come closer for my crossbow. I finally realized the coyote was feasting on the small animal of some kind. I said, What the heck; it's a coyote; take the shot. I aimed about 3 inches above the coyote's shoulder and fired. I heard the swack, and pretty much to my surprise, the coyote fell backwards in place and was done. The coyote was found to be a med-sized male in good shape. Just for the heck, I stepped off the distance of the shot: 48 yards.
CAMX, Slick Trick 125 mag, Lumenox, Accuspine, Duel predator calls.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10215248113270984&set=pcb.1019226005177036&type=3&ifg=1&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARD3CXRHEzZBhDeAVoURpizOs2QQUbNXxShEPHktsZ_W7AqanxwmzhxW8ws4eihByfPVAXhm_zOD6p3B

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Good shooting with a holdover "guestimate".
Congrats and thanks for sharing with us!

Reactions: SPECIALIZED

·
Happy Member
5,435 Posts
Congrats on another yote Larry! Glad to see that your out on the move again. Hope your health recovers fully!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Congratulations, keep killing them suckers!

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
Been awhile. Hope everything is A-OK now. Great seeing another "killin'" post from ya again. Nicely done!;):)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts