Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Sweet!
You may want to shoot at different bulls before you damage some arrows!
Thanks for sharing with us!

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
and to think you didn't even spend a mortgage payment on the crossbow.....I like Centerpoint Crossbows
Maybe he doesn't have a mortgage?
;)

Reactions: robertyb and BHC

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep I reworked the trigger and that's about it I did put a range finder on it, the strings and cables are in good shape have about 100 shots on them and will be rigging up something on my bow press so I can re-serve my string when need be

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes those bolts are blue light specials from wally world $2 a piece got me a dozen after hunting season last year, I like them

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I thought by shooting at 90yds the bolts would come out a little easies but its like Im getting the same penetration
Yup, those arrows are buried pretty deep in the target.
What speed is the target rated for?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not sure had a bag target and it didn't hold up to well,I have to flip this target and use my arrow puller and put my knee on the target to get these things out

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
It is always hard to pull field points out of a foam broadhead target. That one looks like it had been shot a lot which makes it a lot easier to pull them. Get an arrow puller and it will make pulling both field points and broadheads a lot easier. :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would like to get a shooting tripod before hunting season don't know what kind I plan on using more ground blinds this year so not quit sure yet

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
I enjoy ground blind hunting hogs Jan - April and spend a great deal of time at night in blinds and generally space is a premium. Make sure the tripod you pick is SMALL enough to fit your space. It needs to fit the same area your chair sets in without the legs getting in the way of your feet and allow your xbow to be stable and in the right shooting/panning position .

I prefer a tripod with a fixed width vs ones that can be set at any angle. So far I've been happy with the small Caldwell and I believe BOG has one too. The three legs have a folding brace that helps with stability.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
went to academy sports today and found a Caldwell for $70.00 so I got it just by chance it was the last one plan on getting out in a little bit when it cools off and try it out

1 - 20 of 43 Posts