Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone shooting for broadheads with the cp400 using the CP400 bolts? I have it shooting great out to 100 yards with the supplied field points. In the past with my sniper 370 I've used NAP mechanicals with OK results but even with field points I've never got it to shoot groups as tight as the CP400.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am not shooting a CP400 but I have decided to go with some thorn broadheads this year, the expandable and the fixed crown head.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Your CP400 is an honest 400 fps bow so you can pick from the bigger, heavier and heads with 2, 3 or 4 blades. There are lots of good options and the key factor on any is it's accuracy and durability. I'm a mechanical fan and prefer 3 or 4 blade heads in 125 gn. I choose to use Grime Reapers but there are a number of good options that will do the job and produce the accuracy you are enjoying with your new xbow.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I hunt with old faithful muzzy 3 blade 100gr and holding the same group with the field point l hunt thick cover and shoot into some thick stuff, that's why l shoot fixed blades

·
Registered
720 Posts
I hunt with old faithful muzzy 3 blade 100gr and holding the same group with the field point l hunt thick cover and shoot into some thick stuff, that's why l shoot fixed blades
Do you have to tune your broadheads to the arrow or is it spot on without doing anything

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
update....i narrowed it down to NAP 100 spitfires and Shwacker 207s. i ended up going with the 207s because they grouped the best ( at 100 yards). I truly never believed a crossbow could group at the distance, much less with broadheads and still have the power to shoot through the target. I will say they fly differently than field points.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts