Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I received my CP400 that I ordered online. I get home from work and open up the box and wow I like it. The weight IMO is pretty light at least compared to my other bow a CP Mercenary 370. The fit and finish of the bow is very nice except for the stock rattles when it's moved around. That is a gripe to me but easily fixed. The cocking takes some getting used to and I'm not used to a sled and the 200lb draw is doable but yup I can tell. The trigger is AWFUL it's gritty, heavy, creepy and just plain garbage. Is it useable yes it is but I'm a trigger snob. I know a guy that can fix it...calling you RDGuy .
the bow is louder than any bow I've shot but it's also the fastest, lightest, and narrowest too. I can hopefully source some dampers to maybe kill down some noise and vibration.

Overall it's a nice bow and I'm gonna enjoy it. I do plan on fixing the trigger after bow season and I shoot it some more.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
Did your new CP400 come with the orange string cocking rope? It should have and that's the updated version of that rope/sled.

Fix that trigger and maybe consider better arrows and an optic update. Those changes will produce a CP400 that's very comparable to the R10 and in some cases, better.

Congrats on the new xbow!

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Today I received my CP400 that I ordered online. I get home from work and open up the box and wow I like it. The weight IMO is pretty light at least compared to my other bow a CP Mercenary 370. The fit and finish of the bow is very nice except for the stock rattles when it's moved around. That is a gripe to me but easily fixed. The cocking takes some getting used to and I'm not used to a sled and the 200lb draw is doable but yup I can tell. The trigger is AWFUL it's gritty, heavy, creepy and just plain garbage. Is it useable yes it is but I'm a trigger snob. I know a guy that can fix it...calling you RDGuy .
the bow is louder than any bow I've shot but it's also the fastest, lightest, and narrowest too. I can hopefully source some dampers to maybe kill down some noise and vibration.

Overall it's a nice bow and I'm gonna enjoy it. I do plan on fixing the trigger after bow season and I shoot it some more.
TX_RDXguy is the man when it comes to making triggers world class.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got some indexed BEE's from South Shore that I'm gonna try out. And RDXGuy when I get ready to have the trigger done I know who I will be sending it too...the scope is fine for now but I will probably add a Ravin Takeoff scope in a few weeks. And yes it came with the orange cocking rope I'm glad too as I heard the orange rope was the updated version.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I shot my CP400 for the first time today. I ran one factory arrow over the chrono and got 398fps. The trigger isn't just awful it's ATROCIOUS I need to get the trigger addressed ASAP. I've got 10 shots through the bow and I see the center serving wear that is well reported. At 20 yards I am maxed out on adjustment to the right and it's still shooting about an inch left. Looks like I'll be adding a Ravin Take Off sooner than I anticipated.

I also noticed what I think is a little cam lean on the right limb. Maybe it's just me tho I'm not sure. Guess I'll have to take some pics and measurements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts