Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking at getting a CP400 crossbow to use in small narrow tree stands for deer hunting. Looking around I have seen that the nocks on the factory arrows are half moon but they are different than any half moon I've seen. I plan on getting arrows that are more "better" than the factory arrows but I don't really know where to go. Will a standard half moon nock be ok to use or will I have to have one like the factory arrows come with?

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Yes, half moon nocks will work fine on your CP400 as will Alpha nocks. FWIW, the factory CP400 arrows are decent so stepping up from them needs to be a quality .001 carbon 20" shaft. Call Jerry at South Shore Archery for custom options. Very nice production arrows are TenPoints EVO-X CenterPunch arrows.

Good luck!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man I've got some half moon nock indexed BEE's from South Shore already. I'll give them a try and see how they do. If I need some different arrows I'll definitely be giving Jerry a call.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks man I've got some half moon nock indexed BEE's from South Shore already. I'll give them a try and see how they do. If I need some different arrows I'll definitely be giving Jerry a call.
Did you end up trying it out? I ordered some replacement arrows from centerpoint and realized when they arrived that they are slightly different from the arrows that came with the CP400. Both are half moon but the CP400 half moon seems a little deeper than the replacement arrows. Also the fletching is quite different as well. I’m interested to hear your experience and also if you found any replacement arrows that you like to use for your CP400

1 - 4 of 4 Posts