Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spoke to Centerpoint today, asked if in the future will the CP400's trigger be lighten cause at 7 lbs it's way to heavy. The response was no due to liability reasons, and if any sort of adjustments made or aftermarket parts used it will in fact void out the warranty

·
Crossbow Nut
5,384 Posts
Spoke to Centerpoint today, asked if in the future will the CP400's trigger be lighten cause at 7 lbs it's way to heavy. The response was no due to liability reasons, and if any sort of adjustments made or aftermarket parts used it will in fact void out the warranty
That's too bad, otherwise seems to be a good bow, but I know that trigger is keeping at least one buyer away.

·
Banned
0 Posts
That’s a lame excuse! It’s because the overseas company is set up to make triggers for many different crossbows. They won’t retool their production unless CP pays for it and that’s the reason in the first place they went overseas was to save money for large nominal profits!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Crossbow Nut
5,384 Posts
That’s a lame excuse! It’s because the overseas company is set up to make triggers for many different crossbows. They won’t retool their production unless CP pays for it and that’s the reason in the first place they went overseas was to save money for large nominal profits!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
Funny how some companies can't see that spending a little to improve their product would result in greater sales. Just dumb.

·
Registered
16,354 Posts
Screw the warranty. I'd get in touch with Rich and see what kinda magic he can do with that trigger.;)

·
Crossbow Nut
5,384 Posts
Screw the warranty. I'd get in touch with Rich and see what kinda magic he can do with that trigger.;)
Nah, I'm not spending what they want, and then have to have someone fix it. Let em make it right if they expect to sell it. I used to like to tinker, but I'm not rewarding mediocrity with my money. Too many good bows that got it right, right out of the box

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm gonna have to call BS on the liability issue. Plenty of companies with good triggers that haven't had a problem

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nah, I'm not spending what they want, and then have to have someone fix it. Let em make it right if they expect to sell it. I used to like to tinker, but I'm not rewarding mediocrity with my money. Too many good bows that got it right, right out of the box
Same here. I thought about getting one and sending it to Rich but, just the idea of having to fix a brand new new bow doesn't sit well with me.

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
3,285 Posts
Another reason I got a Swat instead. Those trigs are a deal breaker for me! SEW says the Swats have one of the best!
Still a couple available, boys!!!

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
I believe the issue is ManKung manufacturing and how it paired to this CP400 concept. The idea is great. An affordable railed Ravin with and adjustable butt stock. The limb/riser is 100% Ravin and everything else is ManKung. This particular bow has the highest break pressure of ALL ManKung produced xbows for CenterPoint and that's over 7 lbs. As compared to the lightest break pressure of a ManKung bow that CP sells at about 3 lbs. So the variance is evidence the high break pressure is not liability, it's what parts were used to build the Ravin hybrid CP400.

The creep /pull can be improved to a very reasonable 1/8" but break pressure can only be lowered to about 5 lbs.

I spoke to the Ravin side of the house in October and they seemed to share the concern over the heavy break pressure and long pull so we'll see what happens in 2020.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Amen to that. I think this is a slick Xbow. If I had one I'd send to Rich in a New York second. Screw the warranty. Make the Xbow yours.

·
Registered
16,354 Posts
I bought a new CP Amp 415 and sent it to Rich without even shooting it.Best thing I have ever done.Trigger is awesome and I still have less in it than most crossbows shooting over 400fps.
Welcome to the boards. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.