Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you Richard for the trigger upgrade. I will say to anyone with a cp400 this IS worth the money. No more long pull (I will even admit I actually had it go off today just getting my finger comfortable on the trigger becuase of how I had to get ready to stay smooth on the LONG factory trigger pull) . I had shot my brothers cp400 and was very impressed with the bow but not the trigger, I ordered a cp400 and when it arrived sent to to Richard, who received my bow never shot ( still had the stickers on the strings ). The brush upgrade is also a great upgrade to the bow at the same time when having the trigger work done! Great service, great communication, and awesome results!!

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Thank you Richard for the trigger upgrade. I will say to anyone with a cp400 this IS worth the money. No more long pull (I will even admit I actually had it go off today just getting my finger comfortable on the trigger becuase of how I had to get ready to stay smooth on the LONG factory trigger pull) . I had shot my brothers cp400 and was very impressed with the bow but not the trigger, I ordered a cp400 and when it arrived sent to to Richard, who received my bow never shot ( still had the stickers on the strings ). The brush upgrade is also a great upgrade to the bow at the same time when having the trigger work done! Great service, great communication, and awesome results!!
Happy to help Rob. You're fully equipped now for that record book buck! BTW, send one my way if you get a chance. I'm swinging at air so far this year. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Okay so finished the R&D for the CP400’s trigger modd
Results:
Brake force: 0.3lbs
Brake distance: 0.196inch

The modd is reversible and the original parts can be put back, not voiding the warranty by showing signs of modd, if you need to send your crossbow back to the “nerds” at ravin. - They are not the sharpest knife in the drawer, to be honest...

·
Registered
17,611 Posts
There is a heck of a difference between laying in the grass taking your sweet time and then slowly moving your finger into position to shoot than there is watching a big racked buck chasing a doe in and picking up your bow and quickly aim freehand and shooting. Reminds me of one morning when my brother was muzzleloader hunting with me and he had set his set trigger and then had to move it over a limb to keep up with a buck he was trying to shoot. His gloved finger brushed the trigger as he was moving the rifle and it went off. Bye bye buck. :)
I have also seen several triggers go off unexpectedly when set for a hair trigger. Very dangerous.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There is a heck of a difference between laying in the grass taking your sweet time and then slowly moving your finger into position to shoot than there is watching a big racked buck chasing a doe in and picking up your bow and quickly aim freehand and shooting.
I have also seen several triggers go off unexpectedly when set for a hair trigger. Very dangerous.
Sorryfully currently it is forbidden to hunt with a crossbow in Hungary (tough you can with composite bows) and I had no time to organize a hunting trip to Rumania ‘asap’ to show shooting from a ladderstand. My bad sorriez :)

As long as it is in Safe it will 200% not fire.
In Fire, I have smacked the crossbow to the ground dropped it on the stand in vertically, did it to the other direction Guess what? Nada, Het, Semmi, Nothing.

I agree with you that fully, that too sensitive triggers can ninja fire, the puctation is on can.

Anyhow for me, the safe switch is my right indexfinger, straight out - safe, curved in - fire.

It is ok if you are skeptical, and it is ok as well to be distancing of something that was not available sofar, and I accept your opinion. :)

Cheers:
Attila the Hun

1 - 20 of 57 Posts