Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess all of their models do this not just the cheap ones. No mods to the bow other than different bolts, but the same weight, maybe a tad heavier than the factory ones. I'd love to see the numbers on how many of their bows have had this issue 馃が. Hopefully they'll get me going soon and if they don't have the parts to fix it in stock I'm just going to request an upgrade or my money back bc the season is getting hot here in Tennessee and I need it. Good God you'd think they'd have this fixed by now
Hood Automotive tire Tire Wood Automotive carrying rack

Registered
Good luck and hope they fix you up one way or the other soon!

Registered
Sorry to hear about the crossbow. The crossbows coming from over seas for what ever reason,
poor material, improper curing or being removed from the mold too soon have similar problems.

Here are a few tips if you get the crossbow repaired or replaced
1)back the cams off a bit by removing equal 1/2 or full twists from the single loop end of the cable.
2)remove 1/2 or full twists from the bowstring. Do either 1 or 2 but not both.

Some have recommended shooting a heavier arrow-point combination. All this does is slow the
arrow down. Uncocked and cocked, the limbs are still under full stress.

3)whether the crossbow is repaired or replaced, remove the riser, string and cables. Starting at
the cam, wrap the limbs as tight as possible with high quality electrical tape going to where the
limb enters or fastens at the limb pocket. This will help to re enforce the limbs. Combining this
with either 1 or 2 will help to make the limbs last longer.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear about the crossbow. The crossbows coming from over seas for what ever reason,
poor material, improper curing or being removed from the mold too soon have similar problems.

Here are a few tips if you get the crossbow repaired or replaced
1)back the cams off a bit by removing equal 1/2 or full twists from the single loop end of the cable.
2)remove 1/2 or full twists from the bowstring. Do either 1 or 2 but not both.

Some have recommended shooting a heavier arrow-point combination. All this does is slow the
arrow down. Uncocked and cocked, the limbs are still under full stress.

3)whether the crossbow is repaired or replaced, remove the riser, string and cables. Starting at
the cam, wrap the limbs as tight as possible with high quality electrical tape going to where the
limb enters or fastens at the limb pocket. This will help to re enforce the limbs. Combining this
with either 1 or 2 will help to make the limbs last longer.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.
I get what you're saying and don't disagree but I shouldn't have to do that to a nearly new bow, and this isn't one of the $200 bows it's $500-$600 bow. I shouldn't have to wrap a $600 bow in electrical tape to make it work. I was shooting a little heavier bolts than the factory ones, and not the hyperlites mine came with the heavier ones, with 125g heads. According to my speedring scope I was around 400 fps which is a long ways from 425. I've sold nearly 20 bows for them bc I was so pleased with mine and drank the kool-aid on here about it being operator error and people shooting light bolts and abusing the equipment but mine has been babied, keep inside in a climate controlled atmosphere year round, not left cocked no longer than needed when I get done hunting, and after initial set up it's only been fired to insure zero was still set and for killing. They need to get their 馃挬 together and I'll never recommend anyone buying one likely. I've honestly helped sell at the very least 20 and now I feel bad for vouching for them.

Registered

Registered
I use to buy hated the drive/traffic
Well I guess all of their models do this not just the cheap ones. No mods to the bow other than different bolts, but the same weight, maybe a tad heavier than the factory ones. I'd love to see the numbers on how many of their bows have had this issue 馃が. Hopefully they'll get me going soon and if they don't have the parts to fix it in stock I'm just going to request an upgrade or my money back bc the season is getting hot here in Tennessee and I need it. Good God you'd think they'd have this fixed by now
View attachment 208597
That sucks. I hope they take care of your problem ASAP!! Reliably is the only thing that matters. A fast bow will do you no good if it's broke.
I de-tuned my Swat XP with longer cables and 462 gr Spynal Tapps. Time will tell if it holds up in the cold temps in Wisconsin and being cocked for 12 hours in the tree stand.
Good luck and I hope you wack a monster!!

Registered
I know it sucks the big one鈥.iv been their a few times鈥..it does happen though鈥..400+FPS seem to be exceptionally hard on limbs鈥. When U get a bad limb you usually find out within the first 250 shots鈥.most of the time within 50鈥.no way to tell if u have a bad limb untill you shoot it, they all have a coating of some sorts on them so if their is no visible crack on the outside you won鈥檛 be able to tell it鈥檚 a bad limb because of their make up鈥.. untill u put some stress on the limb repeatedly you just won鈥檛 know鈥..I hope u get a quick return so u can hit the woods again ASAP鈥.good luck and gods speed

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know it sucks the big one鈥.iv been their a few times鈥..it does happen though鈥..400+FPS seem to be exceptionally hard on limbs鈥. When U get a bad limb you usually find out within the first 250 shots鈥.most of the time within 50鈥.no way to tell if u have a bad limb untill you shoot it, they all have a coating of some sorts on them so if their is no visible crack on the outside you won鈥檛 be able to tell it鈥檚 a bad limb because of their make up鈥.. untill u put some stress on the limb repeatedly you just won鈥檛 know鈥..I hope u get a quick return so u can hit the woods again ASAP鈥.good luck and gods speed
They resolved it quickly and I hope they find another source for the limbs. It would be nice to see them made in the great USA but our government don't want to allow that to happen

Registered
They resolved it quickly and I hope they find another source for the limbs. It would be nice to see them made in the great USA but our government don't want to allow that to happen
Glad they took care of it very quickly. I have the same crossbow and I only have around 50 shots on it so far. It's a great crossbow but with the season just beginning I hope mine holds up.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts