Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got the CP crank for the Sniper370 and after drawing the string back and safety engaging the sled gets stuck under the scope nut. Working with only one hand I was in a tough spot.

I had to remove the scope mount nut and then push the plastic bracket hard over the serving because the front end was too deep under scope rail and it was quite tough to wiggle it out.
Does anyone have experience similar to this ?
Or am i doing something wrong?

TIA

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The rope on the crank device should be wound from the bottom of the spool. Make sure your not winding it over the top.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory Musician Musical instrument accessory
Automotive tire Camera accessory Cameras & optics Scientific instrument Optical instrument
Dress Sleeve Bicycle part Tints and shades Fashion design
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

Here are some pictures of my CP cocker. Take note of how the rope comes off the spool.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You also have to be very careful that your pull ropes don’t get caught on the scope, mounts or rail before you begin cranking the sled

Reactions: bunnyrabbit

·
Registered
148 Posts
Your inner rope coming out of the gear box got wrapped around the pulley, you need to get it off from around the pulley so that it looks like the photo savedwretch posted.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
With the anchor rope end on top as shown in the 1st. two pictures of Post #4,
this would cause things to bind up when nearing or in the fully cocked position.
The two sleds are a different style but this should not matter. Probably different
manufactures or a different year.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the anchor rope end on top as shown in the 1st. two pictures of Post #4,
this would cause things to bind up when nearing or in the fully cocked position.
The two sleds are a different style but this should not matter. Probably different
manufactures or a different year.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.
Thanks, This was the first time out of the box, so will spool out and check it again.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was it folks, I spooled out the rope and aligned the string accordingly and was able to cock and remove the sled as needed.
One more question , the sled has a lot of play left and right along the rail; any thoughts if any thing can be done to fix that space?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Glad you got it worked out. As far as the sled goes, you’ll get used to centering it on the rail before each use… it’s second nature to me now. I thought about trying to attach some type of guide to the bottom of the sled which would ride in the rail groove but I‘ve gotten used to manually centering it before each shot.
The cocker takes some getting used to but with a little practice and attention to detail you’ll get the hang of it quickly. Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well this was short lived :(
After successfully using the crank for 6 times, the 7th time the metal cog that holds the string cocked, broke.

So now will call CP tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hi Saved,
I'm just curious. How many shots has it taken to see this wear on your rail?
Many many hundreds. My bow had been shot a lot. I shoot year round.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Well this was short lived :(
After successfully using the crank for 6 times, the 7th time the metal cog that holds the string cocked, broke.

So now will call CP tomorrow.
They will take care of you.

Reactions: hookedonbow

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Made 2 calls on hold for over 20 mins in the morning and after lunch. Gave up on the hold.
Finally around 4:30pm est got some one to answer, who requested i send them pictures. Lets see how fast they respond, I have 40days before season starts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts