Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i know i have been asking tons of questions,but i have to learn. ;) My question is there a good all in one care kit or do i pick it up one piece at the time? I know i hear alot about the rail snot so i have that on my list.What all do i need to go ahead and order for my xbow? I just want to be ahead of the game on this stuff. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am not even sure where I got it but think TenPoint sent one with the 1st xbow I purchased 12 years ago. The case is similar to a small fishing lure box. Came with a little tube of rail lube, the allen wrench set for my crossbow, an eye drop style tool filled with Micro-lube. There was room for me to add things over the years such as a screw driver, multi-tool, spare battery for scope, spare mechanical broad head, spare field point, stick of string wax, screws that I have accumulated from crossbow repairs over the years, etc.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
For center serving on Scorpryd I use black lightning wax. You have to run it into serving with a thin piece of leather and get it good and hot. I put a small amount on serving every 10 shots. Scorpion Venom liquid polymeric wax on string and Scorpion Venom polymeric wax in a paste for where cables go through cable slide.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just about to ask if anyone uses the Scorpion Venom.I saw a video someone used it on their Scorpyd bows.Thanks for the tip,gonna go get it ordered now.No rail lube needed with the scorpion venom right?

·
Registered
13,219 Posts
I use Trident silicone grease on my rail, Tex-tite bow string wax on my cables and bowstrings, nothing on the servings. On new bowstrings I apply a small drop of Superglue on the ends of all the servings. I use the blue Loctite on all the screws on my crossbows. I spray a little WD-40 on a rag to clean off the bow if I get caught hunting in a rainstorm. That's about it.;)

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
They have Scorpion Venom Rail lube but avoid the Scorpion Venom serving lube. Scorpryd used to recommend it but they no longer do.

·
Registered
13,219 Posts
I was just about to ask if anyone uses the Scorpion Venom.I saw a video someone used it on their Scorpyd bows.Thanks for the tip,gonna go get it ordered now.No rail lube needed with the scorpion venom right?
The Venom is rail lube.

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
I lightly wax my servings when they look dried out on my DS 420 and have never used rail lube on any of my bows.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for this help guys.I was just looking at videos and come across the scorpion venom and they said scorpyd recommended it that is why i was asking around.I ordered the liquid polymeric bowstring fluid and the paste wax.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts