Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using to protect your Ravins?

Im looking at getting a case for my R10 and would like to hear some pros and cons of the hard case vs soft case vs aftermarket cases. Idk if it matters but i have the jackplate and hawke vantage ir scope.....for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
We have a Ravin Soft Case for our R26.
The R29 uses the same Soft Case.

The hard case was too expensive for us at the moment (around $400 CAD more) and the Dealer gave us the Soft Case for $90, 1/2 price, with the R26 purchase.

It travels well in the car trunk or back of the SUV.
There are not too many useful pockets when comparing it to the Allen Soft Case we use with our CenterPoint 370, but the Allen is much larger of course.

The size difference between the Allen and Ravin R26/R29 Soft Cases is visible here, the tiles on the floor in the image are about 12" square.

20200501_153023.jpg

·
Registered
810 Posts
Have the factory soft case for my R10...well made case with storage pockets and back straps for carrying it pack style.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Friend of mine hunts all over the world. He had a Ravin factory hard case for his R29. In some countries, he was checked more closely. Authorities thought he had an "Infant Coffin" in his possession without the proper documentation. Due to all the problems with customs, and strange stares while carrying it into the airports, he got rid of it. Now he has an SKB case which has a boxy shape.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Wow thats crazy dang it! I think ive decided to go with a soft case but not sure if ill go with the Ravin, the OMP narrows case or the Allen Copperhead crossbow case.
I dont hunt out of state and defintely not out of the country. I dont use a case when i hop in my side by side to hunt the mountains near my house. Honestly the only time i put my bow in a case is when i go to my cabin which is only 45 minutes away and those are pretty much the only two places i hunt. After putting some thought into it a three hundred dollar case is just a waste of money for the little bit that ill actually use it.
Now to decide which soft case to get.....decisions decisions, lol

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Caspar,
My hunting buddy and I each have the original Ravin soft case. He has a R15 and I hunt with my R10. As mentioned above, the Ravin soft cases are well made and will hold up for a long time with lots of cushioning built in. I place my Primos Pole Cat long bipod in the inside left pocket and my loaded quiver in the inside right pocket. The backpack straps are well made with a tie strap to keep it on your back when biking in to hunting territory. I can't imagine hunting with an electric bike without that soft case. When we can't bike in because of bad or real cold weather, we just toss them in the back of his Polaris Ranger and off we go.
Sure hoping to be able to go again this year. I can honestly say it's kind of the highlight of my year to goto hunting camp with a dear friend. Those memories last a lifetime.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Caspar,
My hunting buddy and I each have the original Ravin soft case. He has a R15 and I hunt with my R10. As mentioned above, the Ravin soft cases are well made and will hold up for a long time with lots of cushioning built in. I place my Primos Pole Cat long bipod in the inside left pocket and my loaded quiver in the inside right pocket. The backpack straps are well made with a tie strap to keep it on your back when biking in to hunting territory. I can't imagine hunting with an electric bike without that soft case. When we can't bike in because of bad or real cold weather, we just toss them in the back of his Polaris Ranger and off we go.
Sure hoping to be able to go again this year. I can honestly say it's kind of the highlight of my year to goto hunting camp with a dear friend. Those memories last a lifetime.
hey big bird . This is off topic . But I have a question . The machine that you have that you make stock extensions . Would it be able to make a buffer for a Browning BAR22 . You can’t find them anywhere. I have a new one that hasn’t Ben used yet , but there are guys out there who could use a buffer . It’s only 1/8” thick and maybee 3/4x1” in dimension . But has some cut outs in it . ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I bought my R10 a year ago, I looked into cases and could not justify the cost or bulk of the hard case. Some cheaper soft cases might fit OK but I decided to get the Ravin case and then just searched for a good price on one. I am happy with the Ravin case. It has handles and backpack straps, giving you several ways to carry it. It gives decent protection for the bow, also.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
hey big bird . This is off topic . But I have a question . The machine that you have that you make stock extensions . Would it be able to make a buffer for a Browning BAR22 . You can’t find them anywhere. I have a new one that hasn’t Ben used yet , but there are guys out there who could use a buffer . It’s only 1/8” thick and maybee 3/4x1” in dimension . But has some cut outs in it . ?
Hi Earl,
Shoot me a PM and I'll try to help. If you have one you can send me, it should be no big deal.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the replies fellas!! Im going to order the Ravin case today

1 - 11 of 11 Posts