Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise when checking the speed of your Arrow the correct distance between Crossbow and the Chronograph.
Have a borrowed Chronograph with limited Directions:iamwithstupid:

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Been awhile since I read the instructions w/ mine, it came from an archery shop, but it works well about 2-3' away from stirrup. Too close and it gives an error reading.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awshucks said:
Been awhile since I read the instructions w/ mine, it came from an archery shop, but it works well about 2-3' away from stirrup. Too close and it gives an error reading.
That is why I asked the question,I had a hard time getting any reading.From some pictures I saw it looked very close.
I finally placed it about 36 inches away and got good readings,but dont know if that is how Crossbow advertised readings are taken.

Thanks

·
1,544 Posts
Spec

3 feet away is OK. Of course the farther away you are, the more time the arrow has to slow down.

Is it a one or two window type? 2 window type are more accurate. With a one window type, the reading you get will be different with different length arrows. Not the most accurate.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Should read no mater how close you are providing you cross both "eyes"
I usually chron mine at about 2 feet using F1 Crony. Try to shoot about 6-8" over the eyes.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OLDFLYER said:
Spec

3 feet away is OK. Of course the farther away you are, the more time the arrow has to slow down.

Is it a one or two window type? 2 window type are more accurate. With a one window type, the reading you get will be different with different length arrows. Not the most accurate.
The Chronograph is the two window type,I shot several different arrows,all same length,/ different weight,tips,fletch,inserts.
Three times each and averaged the readings of each arrow.
With the Factory recommended Arrow and weight I was with in 10 feet of the advertised FPS.I had placed limbsaver sound dampers on the Bow.
So I guess that was fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts