Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
This looks like a great product, I have heard nothing but good reviews from satisfied customers that are using it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks like a good product.
I'd like to see a little more "clever" decocker that used controlled friction or maybe an air cylinder exhausting thru an orifice for an automatic slow let-down.

Maybe they'll make a 2.0 version for a few bucks more...

·
Registered
400 Posts
In looking at the website it appears they don't offer one for reverse draw bows.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice , simple design. I love mine
I have used it in the shop to safely work on a bow where the bow is cocked with a locked up trigger system

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have one and it works as advertised. but then i got up the nerve to try my decocker rope on my sniper 370 and i haven't used the thing since. quite a bit to pack in and out of the woods.

·
Registered
12,842 Posts
Looks like it works great for those that cannot use their rope cocker to uncock their bows. Just something else to tote in the woods is the main drawback for me.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I have both the standard and the Scorpyd specific Defusers. They work fine.

My only issue was I thought the “nock end” had the throat edges a bit squared off/sharper than they should be. I did round those edges off a tad.

I used the Scorpyd model on my Ventilator and I was able to get the special bracket needed specifically for the Deathstalker.

·
Registered
400 Posts
TP I had called Rex at Scorpyd and asked a while back if the Defuser which they have listed for use on the Deathstalker would work on the Aculeus and he said no. Can you see why that would be?

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
TP I had called Rex at Scorpyd and asked a while back if the Defuser which they have listed for use on the Deathstalker would work on the Aculeus and he said no. Can you see why that would be?
The “regular” attachment won’t work on a DS, it only would work on something like a Ventilator - any some others similar to that.

The DS attachment doesn’t go thru the barrel, it attaches under the fore stock and the back of the stirrup plate. It’s sort of a U-shaped bracket with the same bushings mounted on it.

There’s no margin of error at the front of under the rail hand hold. My red bracket was a snitch longer on the right side and I had to relieve that end a little. It works fine now although a bit cumbersome to mount and unmount imo.

Here’s what it looks like from the top which doesn’t really show much. I’ll take a better pic later and post it for you.

DSCN2358.JPG

Reactions: oc3

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Here's better pics - although a bit blurry.What it doesn’t show is those triangular pieces are bent upward off from a strap piece which is what mounts along the bottom under the fore stock and stirrup end.

DSCN2387.JPG
DSCN2388.JPG

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks TP, I don't see why that won't work on an Aculeus. Does that strap piece with the studs come with the Deathstalker model of the Difuser? What is the difference between the standard and Scorpyd model which they list as only for the Deathstalker.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Thanks TP, I don't see why that won't work on an Aculeus. Does that strap piece with the studs come with the Deathstalker model of the Difuser? What is the difference between the standard and Scorpyd model which they list as only for the Deathstalker.
I assume it did. I already had the regular Scorpyd Defuser and a guy on CT had the DS U-bracket that he wasn’t using and sold it to me.

The standard has a U-shape bracket that pushes against the crossbow's riser.

The regular Scorpyd model uses 2 pulleys connected by a cross bolt that goes thru the side of the riser in front where the cable slide is. I can take a pic of it and post if you need it. The Scorpyd models has a red bracket that captures these 2 pulleys.

The DS specific model has the same basic assy except for the way the pulleys mount (not sure that’s the best terminology), and there’s no slot thru the side of the riser on the DS - hence the reason to have the U-mount bracket with the pulleys that comes up from underneath.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks for all that info Tp. I wonder if the Aculeus has a wider rail assy than the Deathstalker and that strap bracket won't fit. That is the only reason I could see from your photo it would not work. If that is the case I would assume the pieces on the Defuser itself that hook on to those studs would not fit over the rail /barrel assy either. Does that sound reasonable?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts