Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know many have been helped by Moonkryket..but I wanted to say thanks to him in public for all his support and help with my new addiction to x-bows. And I am sure I will have more dumb questions when I hit a snag.

Dang in 3 weeks I have snagged two Desert Strykers (one as a backup) and one Vortex. That will hold me for a while...I hope. Now if I could just find a solution for good decent glass for optics on crossbows. Wonder if we could get an ACOG for x-bows...OMG now that would be a dream sight. He he.

·
175 Posts
I second your motion on saying "thanks" to Moonkryket. Being an avid crossbow owner himself, he is indeed a helpful fellow willing to share his experiences with crossbows. He is willing to give his opinions based on his expertise but will also quickly tell you that it may or may not work for you and to make your own decisions after trying his advice.

It is ironic that it turns out we only live about five or so miles apart and have never met each other but rather have conversed on this forum. I plan on making one of the local crossbow shoots soon and am looking forward to meeting him in person.

·
11,425 Posts
My face is red :)

I appreciate you guys and your posts and experiences related to crossbows. As an archery and bowhunting fanatic for 44 years, I have learned the tremendous value of crossbows for hunting and shooting, especially for older bowhunters that can't stand the thought of giving up the sport we love even though we can't physically do the things to the same degree we could when we were younger. For me it happened when I was 62 years old, all at once. Severe arthritis in my neck and right shoulder changed my life forever and I suddenly had to face the fact that my days of drawing my 65 lb recurve, or any bow for that matter, was over. Without my crossbows now I would be one miserable human being. I've put much thought into the crossbow debates for inclusion in archery hunting seasons that's ongoing with several additional states just recently making progress in this direction as my state of Virginia did successfully several years ago. Bottom line for me is that since crossbows are unique in their ability to keep older bowhunters doing what they so dearly love, it only seems logical to include them in bowhunting seasons for all who choose to hunt with them and to enjoy just as we have with long bows, recurves and compound bows over the years. Yes, crossbows are different, just as compounds with all the gadgets are much different from traditional recuerves and long bows. The difference in crossbows is what makes it wonderfully unique by allowing virtually anyone, no matter how young or old, small or large, weak or strong, enjoy the experience we all can't get enough of................watching an arrow fly and /or sitting in a tree stand in late October waiting for that chance to do it once again. I would ask all crossbow hunters and shooters to do all that you can in your state to see that crossbows are made available to
anyone that chooses to hunt with one.:ack2:

·
329 Posts
moonkryket,

i'm planning to get UL to send you a LARGER size XBN cap. (chuckle).

in all seriousness, "ya done good, lad".

yours, texasnative46

·
316 Posts
Can't let this old thread die

Thanks Moon for all your help. Your praise of your Excal Vortex more than anything has me deciding it will be my first crossbow. I haven't yet figured out, or got comfortable with the idea of flat nocks.

Kutter

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Yep, Kudos to you! What awshucks said before I got the chance. We always need more folks like you around. The good guys!

·
1,426 Posts
yep Moon and others who answered all my questions with such enthusiasm and zeal have gotten me to buy more crossbows than I can shoot all in a day and wanting more....
(gotta blame somebody)
thanks a lot Moon
LOL
dk

·
1,426 Posts
yep Moon and others who answered all my questions with such enthusiasm and zeal have gotten me to buy more crossbows than I can shoot all in a day and wanting more....
my name is dan and I have a crossbow addiction...
(gotta blame somebody) I would have been paralyzed by indecision without all this help... and if I take credit for it all my self I will meet an untimely demise at the home front..
thanks Moon ...
LOL
dk

·
316 Posts
I haven't yet bought my 1st & I know Moon successfully contributed to my new addiction. My Vortex order awaits the PA meeting.

Kutter

·
11,425 Posts
STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!! :)

Kutter, are you going to the Harrisburg PA show next month? I may spend 3 days working the Zeiss booth.

Attachments

·
316 Posts
I was unaware of it. I need to find out more information. Harrisburg is doable - 4 hours or so. Where, what, who, how do I find info?

Kutter

1 - 19 of 19 Posts