Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ding in the flight rail on my impact has been driving me crazy the last two weeks. The arrows simply don't stay flush on the uneven deck. I can't file the imperfection away and I don't want to keep wondering if the bow will shoot better without this problem. I called Darton on Friday and got a RA #. I'm having a new rail installed so I can finally stop fretting over it. It'll set me back $265.00 (shipping included) but I think it's worth it.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Gone back

That confidence thing is a Big factor.
I would do the same,or it would really work on my mind.

·
1,222 Posts
You mentioned this a while back, correct?

I didn't realize it kept the arrow shaft from sitting flat in the groove!

Yea...I guess that's not a good feeling...ever wondering if you could put two arrows into the same hole at 75 yards rather than just 50 yards!

Ouch...the price tag is a little up there though!?

Mike

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it's a tad steep... but then there's no problems anymore. THe bow shoots, but it's just wierd seeing teh string touch only one side of the rail and that divot is deep enough to cause the groove to be uneven and effect how the arrow sits in the channel.

I've tried for a month to contact teh seller but they amazingly have gone silent. Oh well, live and learn. Next time I buy new and see the product.

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I shipped my crossbow back to Hale MI, with the RA#. Hopefully I'll get her back before Spetember. I have an opportunity to deer hunt in NH with a NH State Rep this fall and crossbows are legal in NH.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts